cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

BTTV Flexible Package

Today I wanted to change my BTTV package. I note that if I change package it states that it means my broadband package will be renewed for 24 months. Not that flexible now.

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: BTTV Flexible Package

That does not sound right to me. You should be able to change your flexible package each month . Are you out of contract for your BTTV service? That’s the only explanation I can think of.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

I am not out of contract with my BTTV service. My broadband contract ends in June. I think it is a way of forcing me to extend that contract now. I don't think it is a good way of doing business.

Message 4 of 14

You should still be able to add bolt-ons online and pay for them monthly

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

It should be possible to change a flexible package now too as any changes would only run until the end of April, which is still some way off June.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

Just a thought, are you trying to change it downwards to save money?

If so I don't think it is that flexible, best thing to do is contract for the minimum (cheapest) service, that way you should be free to flex upwards when you want to and revert to the original package when you want to

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

No, I was trying to go upwards.

I have decided it's probably best to quit when my contract is up. Don't want to be forced into anything.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

Assuming you are currently on one of the flexible BT TV packs within the minimum term you should be able to flex it to one of the other flexible TV packs at the standard price with no change to your current minimum term and broadband. You might be offered alternative deals which if accepted would result in new minimum term commencing and a broadband extension.

Which pack do you currently have and which one are you looking to flex to ?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

I am currently on Big Entertainment and want to move up to VIP.

The message I get is "Taking this package will also renew your broadband contract for 24 months" but my contract renewal date is 10 June.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

@Jonty1964wrote:

The message I get is "Taking this package will also renew your broadband contract for 24 months" but my contract renewal date is 10 June.

When you selected the VIP package, did it have it listed twice ? you can switch plans without extending the term but you can also be offered a discounted rate in return for a new minimum term.