cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 25

Re: BTTV seems quite poor value?

So already it's beginning to look like it's poor value for only entertainment etc but much better value for sport, just shows you a catch all "poor value" can't be used for the product

Message 12 of 25

It can when you can get all that same content without a contract for less, as Sky are starting to find out.

The only advantage with regards to Sport through BT is the ability to record.

I have a NOW Sports pass, Boost and the BT Sport app which I watch though Apple TV. Current total cost is £36, no contract.

I can add Entertainment and Cinema today for another £10.98 for 6 months, no contract.

At the end of the day, it is what works best for you that matters, but it looks to me like cord cutting has properly arrived in the UK and is here to stay.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 13 of 25

I dont watch enough sport with in a month to be paying extra for it.

Im more into TV shows/TV box sets and times movies.

I do have Sky Cinema with Now on £2.50 discount till end of June but even Sky Cinema is at times starting to lose out to the likes of Disney+, Netflix and Prime Video. More so Disney+ and going by last much I was lucky if I watched 3 movies on Sky Cinema.

BT very rarely offer any discounts on the Now packages.

If you get the HD add on with BT its at lest £1 extra than getting it from Now direct. As BT add 4k to the HD add on even if some are just happy getting HD or still do not have a 4k TV.

Message 14 of 25

I had it under the old legacy package and then as Now, basically because it wasn’t much more than subscribing  to BT Sport through Sky.

I had the half price offer for 6 months, and the £42.95 for Now entertainment, kids, and cinema along with BT Sport with the 4K and HD add on, which I thought wasn’t bad.

But it’s recently gone up to £52.95 a month, and I felt that was toohard to justify so I cancelled the package. 

No special offers at all from the sales assistant to persuade me to stay.

Also, with BT Sport merging with TNT sports, the whole future of BT TV is surely very uncertain.

Personally, I think Sky Q is much better. Far more channels, and much better multi room options. Sky Glass / Stream is even better multi room wise, but there’s no recording facility. 

It’ll be interesting to see what happens after July and the BT Sport TNT merger. 

Message 15 of 25

I just looked at offers to change my current big sport to downgrade, I understood you could swap your TV package every month, Now MYBT page only offers package and it means re contracting broadband for another 24months. Think I will pass on that.  Also phoned up to see if any deals to reduce current costs and the best offer was a £2.50 saving per month and renew for 24months.  Not long until August and end of contract... 

Message 16 of 25

Two other things I think are a plus for BT:

• The multicast network it uses which significantly reduces broadcast delay and
  • The BT TV Pro box itself

On the second point, I know I have been a critic of it, but that is mostly around how dated YouView feels these days and that there are a few bugs that still haven’t been squished and really should be by now.

But in the main, I did find it nippy and robust, which cannot be said about any of Sky’s recent hardware. 

There is a really strong market for BT Pro Boxes on eBay and places like CEX, it’s a decent Freeview PVR.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 17 of 25

@Bluemoon1 if you're wanting to swap your TV package, try clicking on Your Products in MyBT, then clicking on TV and sport

Message 18 of 25

@BillyM That's what I did, as I mentioned in my post. It  gives options to change but it also renews your broadband for 24months, which I don't wish to do. 

Message 19 of 25

@Bluemoon1 that's a strange one. If you have the time it might be worth calling them. I was on Big Sport package + Entertainment + HD. When the price rise came in I swapped to VIP as it was slightly cheaper than my old package + price increase. I stayed on my current contract (same end date as before). 

But I couldn't find anyway of reducing the broadband cost (Full Fibre 100). I'm paying way more than a new customer. Looks like I'll have to wait it out until my contract expires in December.

Message 20 of 25

[quote]There is a really strong market for BT Pro Boxes on eBay and places like CEX, it’s a decent Freeview PVR.[/quote]

Selling the BT TV box pro on eBay or CEX is illegal, surely, since they’re only loaned to the customers and should be returned when they end their contract ?

At least that’s my understanding.

The BT TV box pro gets some really good reviews, but it’s missing some big name apps such as Apple TV, Disney+, and YouTube.

Even the Humax Aura has those.n