cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 25

Re: BTTV seems quite poor value?

I agree the legality is a grey area, I would have thought these boxes should have been returned, but there is clearly plenty around for sale.

I saw one today for £399 on eBay! 😳

On the Humax, does it have a proper Netflix these days? Have they added NOW?

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 22 of 25

@stereohavenwrote:

I concur, but it does have it's fans.

Simply put, it is Freeview + some apps (not all), with the advantage of being able to record content from NOW TV and watch a selection of broadcast channels without an aerial (with some extras in HD compared to standard Freeview), if that is important to you.

Without any sense of irony I have ordered BT TV again, the £10 Sport deal for now, but I suspect I’ll end up on VIP before long.

In the 6 days since I posted my previous message, SWMBO has confirmed she cannot get on with the Apple TV.

Probably best not to listen to a word I say on here… 🤐

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 23 of 25

Agree. Even for the Sport. The packages don't make much sense. You can get discounts with NowTV directly. £18/month for Sky Sports + £2 HD. So how does the Big Sport package price make any sense.

£18 BT Sport (over priced anyway) + £20 Sky Sports = £38 (£5 cheaper)

And if you already have a discount on the standard Sport package I understand you lose that.

So it's £5 + £8 (current discount offered) = £13 PER MONTH more expensive.

That's £156 over 12 months. Madness.

Bring the prices down.

NowTV Entertainment can be gotten cheaper directly as well. And Cinema.

And now I notice Netflix is bundled into the Entertainment package? What about people who don't want that. £20 / month is crazy.

It would be much better if it was just say £5 / month for base TV (literally just the box and freeview). Then you pick and add whatever else you want on top with 24 month, 12 month and 30 day contract options.

Since the move to the new NowTV style packages I have only ever taken the Sport alone on a deal.

I would take more as I like the IPTV element but the prices are simply too high and contracts too long.

It's a bit unfair that the cheapest flexible TV package is now the Sport at £18 when it was previously Entertainment for £10?? Surely that's messed people up as well.

You just don't know what you're going to get. Impossible to sign up to a 24 month deal on anything above the Sport with that in mind in my view.

Message 24 of 25

Someone selling Talk Talk came to my door last night and I got curious. 

They do a TV box running android (so more apps available) £5 standard and you can then add Now TV Entertainment for another £10 if you want it.

So in theory if you wanted that and added the HD bolt on, it's the same price as the BT TV Entertainment and your getting more value for your money! If only I researched before I got stuck with my 24 month contract.

I really hope the value improves after the EE rebrand or BT won't even be able to compete with Talk Talk who had the foresight to ditch YouView!

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 25

@Bond_1337 you can only get BT Sport for £18 with BT tv, so what you're quoting price wise isn't possible, if you don't have BT tv it can only be gotten with the monthly pass so £29.99 above the Now pass.

FWIW I personally don't think it's overpriced @ £18 pm for the range of content available