cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Changing to flexible TV

Hi.  I have Fibre 1 broadband, Essential TV and BT Sport.  The BT homepage has a box suggesting a switch to Flexible TV.  When I select this I am taken to a screen saying there are no personalised deals available but I can look at the standard ones.  The link from this screen takes me to a screen where the top section links to deals for new customers i.e. including broadband as if new, while the lower section's "upgrade" button takes me back to "no personalised deals".  How would I go about switching to a  Flexible deal?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Changing to flexible TV

There's 2 reasons I can think of that could stop it :

1.  your Fibre 1 speed is below 24mbps, which is the minimum speed required to order, do you know what speed you receive ?
  2.  You moved house previously when you had ADSL or upgraded from ADSL to FTTC, you're now on FTTC but the Essentials package was for ADSL, it confuses the system.

Easiest option is ring up to change TV and after that it should allow you to manage via BT.com as normal.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Hi.  Thanks for the quick reply.  Just so you know, it's option two that applies as I did recently upgrade from ADSL to FTTC.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

@itvodwrote:

Hi.  Thanks for the quick reply.  Just so you know, it's option two that applies as I did recently upgrade from ADSL to FTTC.

It happens when the broadband is updated but the TV promotion never changed, if you give the sales team a call on 0800 800 150 they'll do the order for you, after that you can manage the TV package via BT.com, it's simply down to the Essentials TV promotion being designed for ADSL and now you have FTTC.

0 Ratings