cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Discovery Channel.

Go to solution

I have just renewed my Big Sport TV package and was looking through MY BT and under what I currently have it shows Sports channel AMC D+ and it also shows Discovery as a separate channel but when I looked on the EPG on Discovery channel it says I need to update my subs. Should I be getting Discovery. 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Discovery Channel.

Go to solution

You only get the discovery channel on the BT TV guide with the entertainment, big entertainment and VIP packages.

However you can get a live stream of the channel through the Discovery Plus app that is now on the BT TV Pro and BT mini devices.

You scroll down until you see the channels on their own circles, click on the appropriate one, and then press the blue watch button at the top.  There is no TV guide currently available on the app.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Screenshot_20230804-083903.png

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

I stand corrected, they must have changed the criteria.

Although sometimes somebody presses a button too early. 

Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

@Weerab1983 Strange because as I said I can't access it on the EPG without upgrading my subscription.  Perhaps someone can enlighten me as to whether I should have it or not. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

I had the discovery channel on my pro box when subscribing to bt sport and the entertainment section, since upgrading to Big Sport and entertainment it is no longer viewable on the box, only via the discovery plus app! 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Your original statement is correct @Weerab1983 - discovery as a channel on the BT TV Box is only available to the entertainment packages.  Discovery content is available as part of the Sport packages, but not as a channel in the TV Guide.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

This is such a ridiculous mess……

if I have a subscription don't force me to use an app when you also show it on the EPG. This situation sums up the BT TV subscription mess, it’s simply a stitched together set of services that are accessed through a loosley related set of unreliable apps.  

Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Every available channel shows up on the TV guide if you subscribe to it or not, just as sky shows it too. 

The good thing with EE TV is you can hide channels that you don't want to see by pressing the appropriate coloured button on your remote. 

Discovery channel does not show sports, hence why it is part of the entertainment package via the TV guide. 

0 Ratings