cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

EETV

I am  a current ee broadband customer i phoned up today to add the apple tv box to my package . The chap said there is a delay in launch and he will call me back saturday to sort things out for me. 

But i can go in the ee site as a new customer and purchase the apple box. 

So why say theres a delay ? 

Or is this just typical bt/ee  not knowing what the hell is going on on launch day.

Not a very good launch a delay on the first day 🤣🤣😭

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: EETV

typical situation where they've not got the systems in place yet to upgrade existing BT/EE customers but can take on new ones

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Had he already taken your account details when he said there was a delay? I'm wondering if he assumed you were a BT customer trying to migrate?
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Hi darren 

No he new i was a current ee customer as he asked me.  He said there is a delay in launch of these boxes i will call you saturday at 11am .  I got a lady on the phone first who was asking me what packages i was looking for  then got put on hold and then the chap came on the phone saying this.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

I've raised this internally, and am awaiting a statement. We have seen plenty of orders going through today, so it's definitely available to order.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

Also i try to go into my ee and into home section then discover tv  and the screen just stays blank. 

God knows why they didnt except my order then

Thanks  darren

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

It even says exsisting ee customers call us today for a better deal.

Very annoyed now as could have ordered 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

Hi @Deano123 if you have legacy EE broadband you'll need to also move to New EE broadband to add the Apple box to your plan. If you speak with 03301231105 they'll be able to guide you further.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

Thought i would give an update .

As susspected this is a typical bt balls up.

I thought i would call back and try again.

Bloke told me it doesnt exsist yet. I said it does. He said let me talk to my boss. He comes back to me and says  there is no agent that works here that can sell it yet . It is only available on line . I said well not to me it isnt the screen stays blank.. he said well sorry thats all we know bye.  Total and utter mess from bt once again.. 

I suspect once again it is only open to new customers completely. 

Bit wrong really to announce it as launch day and only sell to new customers and not even current ee customers that have brroadband and mobile with them . Has annoyed me now and put me off getting it alltogether .. left a sour taste

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

Hi neil 

I have fibre100 with apple 4k tnt sports currently. Ok i will try that number next. 

Cheers 

0 Ratings