cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

ESPN FC

Hi

Any idea if ESPN FC is being broadcast any more on TNT? Can't see it anywhere since July

Used to love the analysis.

Regards 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: ESPN FC

It got dropped by WBD so the last episode was on the last day of BT Sport.

The series is still running in the US - so it is another thing dropped by the new operators.

They do have a Youtube channel with lots of stuff.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

That's such a pity, Craig Burley and Steve Nicol are so funny and straight talking. 

I don't see it on ESPN in USA though. 

So your saying its on YouTube? 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

There is a channel called 'ESPN FC' on Yuotube and it is available innUK - but it is clips not episodes.

It is carried daily on ESPN+ in the US.

@pippexwrote:

That's such a pity, Craig Burley and Steve Nicol are so funny and straight talking. 

I don't see it on ESPN in USA though. 

So your saying its on YouTube? 

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
Message 5 of 8

I see where College Game day is gone as well. 

The 2 programmes I watch on BT and they get rid. 

FFS

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Completely agree with you; it was a welcome antidote to all of the farcical refereeing decisions which continue to persist virtually every match day.  There is a great chemistry between the main presenters,  Shaka, Craig Burley and Stevie Nicol (always great banter between those three and Dan Thomas especially) etc and the guest panellists who tend to know what they're talking about such as Gab Marcotti, Sid Lowe and Ian Darke to name but a few people provide thoughtful insightful analysis and express their views in a passionate and entertaining way.

It's a great formula that works because it addresses the main points without getting too bogged down in the detail and taking it too seriously.

It won't be the same listening to it as a podcast. Real shame as I don't know of many other shows like it in which most of the presenters are predominantly from the UK and the pundits have either had extensive experience playing in top European football leagues or have had extensive experience in UK Sports Media.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

All College Football gone as well, to be replaced by **bleep**

Shame on TNT or whoever made these decisions

Message 8 of 8

Totally agree. I get the feeling from the new style of presentation and general direction of travel the newly rebranded suite of channels is heading in that most of this input is coming from WBD.

There seems also to be no more Primeira Liga NOS coverage (I hope this doesn't suggest a move away from European football league coverage as I have always found BT Sport's presentation of Ligue1 and Serie A matches to be 1st rate).

One of the best decisions made by 'TNT Sports' was bringing in Ally McCoist as main co-comms and retaining the vast majority of its commentators and co-comms on European League and tournament football games.

The decision to get rid of Sports Score took me by surprise; following the early Saturday match it was always a welcome mixture of witty banter and analysis with action and reaction from across the country. I thought it was fresher than Soccer Saturday, which had begun to look tired. 

Apart from dropping ESPN FC, which always offers an interesting perspective from experienced media hands now predominantly based across the pond, it seems that TNT Sports football  presentation is now almost entirely dominated by women. The one possible exception I can think of is Matt Smith. I this makes the presentational style rather one-sided. I have nothing against female presenters, but the score needs to be evened up slightly more, such as is the case with Sky Sports.

0 Ratings