cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

England Cricket tour

TNT Sports are to show live coverage of England's tour of India.  According to The Telegraph.  

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: England Cricket tour

According to Discovery Plus 9;33 am today (17Jan2024)

Hi there, thanks for contacting us. We won't be covering the India vs England test matches, however, we are currently broadcasting the India vs Afghanistan T20 series and the Australia vs West Indies Test matches. I hope this helps you! Kind regards

who knows what to believe.

Message 3 of 9

According to ecb.co.uk it's radio commentary only on TalkSport:

rbz5416_0-1705486348601.png

Given it's only a Lions "B" squad, probably not enough interest to splash out on rights unless they can be picked up cheaply in the next week or so.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

🤣

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

According to the normally reliable Matt Hughes in the Daily Mail, TNT Sports are about to announce an exclusive 5 year deal to show international cricket from India in the U.K.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Confirmation here. 

TNT Sports to broadcast England's tour of India as part of five-year ...https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://www.sportspromedia.com/new...

Message 7 of 9

I usually follow test cricket (as) live by listening to the radio commentary (in this case on Talksport2) then watch the TV highlights later. I presume there will be highlights similar to the way TNT are showing highlights for Australia v WI at the moment?
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

It is quite understandable with the recent agreement that the schedules for the EPG may take a few days to  update to reflect the live and indeed any highlight programming.  To accommodate the coverage existing scheduled programming  that are currently showing in the EPG may have to change.  So if you wish to record coverage you may need to wait to set your recordings . Also if you have  current recordings in your  schedule for 25th  onwards it is possible that to cover the cricket those other programmes may  move timings /channels. Using the paired EETV app can be very useful for monitoring your recordings.

Believe the first test is in Hyderabad which is 5 and half hours ahead of GMT.

As an aside do we know if this  specific agreement with BCCI  is for both mens and womens  matches or  for the mens matches alone 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Bear in mind that coverage will also be available to stream from the Discovery+ app and if you are not that early a bird you can still catch the worm and chase-play the live coverage once you wake up at a more civilised hour.  Judging by the current Australia v WI coverage they will be splitting the coverage into the three sessions for each day so the "morning" session should be available to watch on catch-up from some time after 6am.

Personally, I will be recording and chase-playing the Talksport2 radio commentary then catching up with the TV highlights later in the day except for maybe the start of whatever session looks like having a tense and exciting finish when I will watch the TV coverage (as) live.

Just remember to stay off the usual sports web sites and social media until you have caught up with the end of each day's play.   And that includes muting any related podcast feeds which often have a tendency to drop spoilers into the episode titles.  And turning off alerts from cricinfo and the like.
0 Ratings