cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

HBO Max and Discovery+ merge to become “Max”

Go to solution

From RXTV:

Streaming service Max will become the main home of all of Warner Bros Discovery’s content. The service debuts in the USA next month before rolling out globally.

The new service, with the tagline “the one to watch”, will bring together the content catalogues of both HBO Max and Discovery+ giving subscribers access to everything from drama to sport, via reality and factual shows from brands including HBO, Cartoon Network, Discovery, HGTV, TLC and more.

US subscribers will be able to gain access to the service from 23rd May, with more than 40 new titles and TV show seasons every month, according to Warner Bros Discovery (WBD) at a press event on Wednesday.

You can read more here as well from Variety.

No real change in the UK yet as WBD will only be able to offer all of its channels and content via Max in the UK and Ireland from 2025 after its deal with Sky expires.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Tags (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: HBO Max and Discovery+ merge to become “Max”

Go to solution

And here is the official release and intro video:

Warner Bros. Discovery Unveils Max Streaming Service 

https://youtu.be/e8QnMipVP_o 

————————————————————-
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Irrelevant to the UK (at least for the next couple of years). Crazy pricing model!!!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

I wonder if this is why we are still waiting for Discovery+ on the BT TV Box. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

I wouldn't have thought so, as per my original post, it will be a while before "Max" is rolled out in the UK.

I suspect any delay is more related to the usual glacial pace of change at BT, the rebrand of BT Sport to TNT (with the app being folded into Discovery+), and the move towards the EE consumer brand (i.e. BT TV becoming EE TV).

————————————————————-
0 Ratings