cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Half price for newbies

Go to solution

I see new customers are getting half price TV and sport and broadband  for six months,this makes me so angry !5years I have been a customer and I'm offered nothing!!! Bt do not care about loyal customers at all, I can not wait for September when my contract runs out time for sky stream for me! And a local BB fibre company are digging away in my town now , half the price of bt fibre....roll on September!

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Half price for newbies

Go to solution

If you're out of contract/minimum term then BT will offer existing customers the same deal or if you're taking the product for the first time.

I take it by the 'roll on September!' that you've still got 10 months remaining on your existing term ? In which case you're not in the recontracting window yet.

Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Why does everybody moan about this? Everybody gets an introductory offer when joining & it's easy enough to contact BT before the end of the contract & negotiate a new deal where they offer the same price as a new customer anyway!

Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Offers aren't necessarily for new customers, I renewed my VIP TV package and got half price for six months. This was the offer that was sent through the post and not one I had to haggle for 👌

Oh and I've been with BT for seven years now and I'm paying less than I did when I signed up and I've lost count of the free stuff I've had from them. 

All this has been accomplished by spending half an hour at most on the phone or speaking nicely to people via email or live chat but you have to wait until near the end of your relevant contracts...The retention offers are there for you to take advantage of 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Perhaps  I need to wait several months then. And  Nigel I always speak nicely and polite if I need to speak to anyone at customer service they got  hard enough job as it is.

Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

@dw-kernow check your available offers on MyBT regularly as well.👌

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

@dw-kernowwrote:

Perhaps  I need to wait several months then.

If your contract is up in September, the out of contract increase is £8 on the new renewals which should apply to you, check your bill for the discount applied, if you can go a month or 2 without that saving, you'll be in the perfect position for next years Black Friday deals, like mentioned check BT.com/MyBT for personalised offers, if something takes your fancy go for it 🙂

0 Ratings