cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Loss of IP channels

Go to solution

Is anybody in the NR32/NR33 area having problems with freezing/losing IP channels yesterday/today (IPC6023 error code)?

Going up or down a channel can sometimes bring them back (being lost again within 2 to 4 mins), other times unable to get channel up again until box is switched off/on

Applies to both Now channels and ‘Freeview’ channels via the EPG. Using the Now app have no problems with live channels (how I had to watch the Indycar sessions on F1 channel yesterday)

No problems with my internet connection, all streaming apps work fine on box, and all other devices in house fine, speed tests all normal (FTTC connection)

Have: restarted box/restarted hub/changed from wired to wireless and back again/done a software reset/update (keeping recordings)

While I was typing this I left the box on the IPC6023 error code screen and the channel (BBC News) came back up……only to freeze/go back to error screen again after a couple of minutes….and now it’s come back again!

And gone again….. (and still happening on other channels)

Just to make clear: This is in IP channel mode (no aerial attached)

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Loss of IP channels

Go to solution

UPDATE:

Replaced the Pro box with previous (G4) box-problem persists

Replaced the SH2 with the TP Link W9970 which I used to use with the BT Multicast System-problem persists

Back to the SH2, and did a reset using a pin on the recessed switch (forgot to try this earlier)-problem persists

All other streaming apps/other devices in house (wired and wifi) all still working fine and speed tests as should be

So it’s looking like contacting BT support. I think I remember someone (maybe one of the mods?) put up a number to call to go direct to the BT TV team?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @GarethPrice  welcome back to the community and thanks for posting. I'm sorry to see you're getting an IPC6023 error on your BT TV channels. Did you manage to get this reported to the BT TV helpdesk

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Hello Neil, thanks for responding.

I had been hanging on to see if anyone else reported similar problems (either in my area or wider), which may indicate this could be either a problem in the IP delivery system or a software problem, which was the case a year (?) or so ago when many people were reporting the same problems

Trying to avoid a “We’ll send a Home Tech Expert to you” scenario simply to confirm everything I have already done. That’s not a slight on the HTE’s, the Cube guy who came out 5/6 weeks ago was excellent (and who fitted a new Master Socket ‘in case’), as was the Openreach engineer who came two days later to replace the telephone wires coming into the property from the box in the eaves (my block of flats is fed by underground cable). It was he who confirmed that the problem was wider than my property due to a ‘massive outage’ at the street cabinet, which took 3 overnight workings to resolve, since when the connection has been, and still is, 100% (as I have detailed above)

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

@GarethPrice I unfortunately can't check for BT TV outages using the postcode area. Our diagnostic checks normally let us know if it's a known outage. I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch with the moderation team and we'll be happy to help.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Thank you Neil - reply to PM sent

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks to NeilO and DavidM here, and Debbie and Aseem at the BT Technical Centre, for keeping me up to date throughout with the ongoing situation, which is now fully resolved (problems in my local area)

Thread can now be marked as solved

Regards Gareth

Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @GarethPrice ,

Thanks for the update. I'm really glad to hear we got this sorted for you. Post back if you have any other problems.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings