cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Lost TV recorded content

My BT TV Box has always worked fine but today when it was powered on it was as if it was the first time I had and it forced me to "set my box up", which I have done so but this has lost all my recorded content, scheduled programmes and settings.

I can see a list of my recorded programmes on the App so hoping I can find them on a catch up service  but this is annoying and pretty poor service.

Why did this happen and how can I prevent this happening again? 

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lost TV recorded content

This is not normal behaviour. 

I have found that electronics, no matter what kind, sometimes for no reason, just flip out or go wrong. Bit like our brains. I don't think there's anything you can do to get your recordings back.

My only advice would be to try and use the latest box that BT offers. If you describe your problem  to customer service  they may send you the latest box free of charge?  I have the latest  BT TV box pro, (flat looks like sky Q) and its good. Its the only box from BT that's actually been quite good imo. Always found others slightly laggy, but never deleted recording. 

Another tip would be maybe look into an UPS (uninterrupted power supply) . This is basically a battery and if you have a power cut , mid recording its not going to turn off anything plugged in and potentially corrupt the data. 

0 Ratings