cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

NBC channel

Hi,

after searching online it advises I should have the NBC news channel on my tv.

I don’t seem to have this, can anyone advise if they get this and how?

is there a certain package you must have?

I really miss this channel and would appreciate any help or info.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: NBC channel

I wasn't aware that NBC was ever available on BT TV/EE TV.  It dropped off the $ky platform at the end of November 2023.  The NBC Network streams on YouTube.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

It is also available on Freevee, and amazon prime FAST channels  on fire sticks and Roku devices and the mini TV boxes.

There is currently an issue on the Pro boxes showing FAST channels.

I believe its available on Samsung TV Plus as well, but can't confirm as I don't have a Samsung TV. 

Message 4 of 8

Cheers for that. I can't get the new U channels to run on the Pro Box but they're fine via the Fire Stick.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

@RIC9380 no worries, its a known issue and apparently EE/BT are working on a upgrade for the Pro box internal software. Hopefully it's related to the FAST channels

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

@RIC9380  The new U linear TV channels are rebrand/renames of their existing  channels. The channels  are available on Freeview via aerial  but are not included in the free to air channels available on the EE TV  IP mode boxes so if you were using EETV  box in aerial mode (with suitable reception) you would have those channels.

Message 7 of 8

@zulu17 The streaming channels on the U app are still limited I believe to smart phones etc? Quite annoying that they aren't on the EE IP mode yet. 

I think @RIC9380 was refering to the FAST channels 

If BBC can't arrange it yet for Freely and U are owned by BBC Studios, it's not a good sign as U are just seeing the £ signs by the view of a casual observer

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Yes, my Pro Box is set to IP mode. As I say it's not really a problem as I can get the other channels by another way.

RIC9380
0 Ratings