cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

NOW Entertainment cancellation

I thought I had cancelled NOW Entertainment after an online chat at the end of Sept 2023.  The latest bill in Jan 2024 showed that we were still being charged for this.  We had not been able to check our TV products via My BT account because that page could not display our products.

Another online chat affected a refund but there was difficulty in cancelling the product and I was asked to ring Orders to rectify this.

Following 6 days and 6 hours of online chat and phone calls, NOW Entertainment has been cancelled (we hope) but so have our TNT Sports and NOW Sports products.  No-one seems able to reinstate these and we were told yesterday, by a Newcastle-upon-Tyne tech team, that the TNT Sports "back office team" would be in touch with us in a few days to try and help.  So, we have no Sports channels (we are paying for these), no indication what can be done to help and no idea when we may be called.

We are incredibly frustrated 😠 and at the point of cancelling our add-ons after this weekend.  Does this shambolic situation ring a bell with any other 'valued BT clients'?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: NOW Entertainment cancellation

Are you saying that you can’t access anything but you think that you’re still being charged for some or all of it? Which package was your base pack and what were your add-ons? There have been others on here who have experienced problems with either adding or removing NOW channels for quite a while now. I can totally understand your frustration. Hopefully a Mod on here will pick this up and look into it for you.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Hi Bruce meister - we can access our broadband Full Fibre 500, digital voice phones, and normal telly but, although BT say we have TNT Sports and NOW Sky Sports in the Big Sport product, we can access no sports channels at all ... screen says we need to add these to our account.  No-one seems to understand why or what is happening.   We are awaiting a response from the TNT back room team - but we can't sit around at home waiting for a call over the next few days.  We're already missing the cricket test and tonight's Leeds Utd match 😢 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

What about access via the Discovery+ app and the NOW app?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Will try tomorrow again but, last time I tried, I can access NOW TV via my mobile app but not recognised via the TV.  TNT Sport channels not accessible either.  Out of the house now but will check in the morning - thank you for your suggestions.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

So, I signed into NOW and Discovery+ apps and can access TNT Sports and Sky Sports on both.  We still can't access the Sports channels via the TV guide.  So, our memberships are working but the access via BT isn't?

We are still awaiting any kind of response from BT since Thursday lunchtime.  Your suggestions have at least meant we can watch our sport over the weekend, so thank you.

Message 7 of 8

Dealing with BT on changes to TV packages and Add-on is a nightmare. So many excuses about Technical faults on Accounts, multiple hand overs to different Agents . Just spent 1 hr 24 minutes calling from Australia to make a simple change which should have taken me 5 minutes on-line.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Sorry to hear of your similar issue.  I spent over 6 hours on the phone and on online chat over a period of a week before I was passed on to a lady in the Tech team in Newcastle-upon-Tyne.   She listened and actually managed to sort out my issue (fingers 🤞) after a couple of days.  The long-standing problem was a "conflict" between the "front end and the back system" (no, me neither).  Refunds were arranged, the NOW Entertainment package should finish on 5th March and we have been able to access Big Sport as promised.

If we had been more robust, we would have cancelled all our BT products but, tbh, the prospect of the hash that BT would have made of this was too daunting.  It was thanks to the young lady that we are where we are today, following so many calls and chats and needing to repeat our situation over and over again.  Not good enough, BT, despite the eventual resolution ... grrrrrrr

0 Ratings