cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Netflix Basic being withdrawn

Go to solution

I noticed an article this morning that said Netflix has withdrawn its Netflix Basic package and the Netflix with adverts will now be the cheap default.

https://www.cordbusters.co.uk/netflix-pricing-basic-tier-axed-uk-us/

I am wondering how and if this will affect the Netflix Basic that is included with TV packages. 

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Netflix Basic being withdrawn

Go to solution

The article literaly says if you're on it nothing will happen until you change your subscription or cancel, what more do you need?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

@garybs29 a little less of the attitude would be helpful, it was a sincere post for conversation.

I suppose I am looking a bit into the future as at some point we may be migrated to the advert package but who knows. 

Thanks for the reply!

Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

As i said the article states nothing is changing just now. Like anything else if it changes you'll be contacted with the details at the time too

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

I pay to have ad free and would not want to pay for a streaming service with ads.

i can see though how some would pay for it with ads. If the cant afford the other packages and want an extra streaming service that now seems to be in HD on their lowest package.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

As we discussed above and as per the article nothing is changing for existing subscribers at the moment 

Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Well there are potential implications depending upon the BT/Netflix agreement(s).

As it stands BT TV Entertainment and Big Entertainment package include NETFLIX Basic and are currently marketed as such. So are those packs going to be continued to be sold on that basis or will they be changed so that new take up include current Netflix plans rather than the legacy Basic plan.  If so will we end up with yet another variant of BT TV Entertainment. Ie  we currently I believe have two flexible packages Entertainment ( without Netflix) , Entertainment ( with Netflix Basic) ,  will there be a third ?

Also BT TV  currently allows Netflix Basic to taken as an add on  (not all BT TV flexible packs include NETFLIX within their pack) will that (separate) addon be withdrawn. Note that I believe that currently BT TV does not sell/offer the Standard with Ads  NETFLIX addon.

Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Good point @zulu17 it's definitely a dilemma for BT/EE