cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 15

Re: Rebranding to TNT

🎣Dear Dear, did you no notice the winking eye. I can only wish a rebrand was a good enough reason
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 15

The original channel was called 'Satellite TV' when it launched in 1982.

When Murdoch came along they rebranded as 'Sky Channel' in 1984.

@NigelB72wrote:

@ozsat hehem the original channel was called Sky Channel and was broadcast on either Eutelsat or Intelsat and was available on local cable tv networks that were mostly operated Rediffusion... We had this in the in 70's and in the 80's a man turned up and did something in a little box and then we had Sky Channel, Premier The Movie Channel, MTV and Screensport. 

Premier was great because they used to show films when they were still in the cinema.

Back to Sky though, the original parent company was Satellite Television Limited I believe but Murdoch was involved still 👌

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
Message 13 of 15

Ahhh didn't know that was the original broadcast name @ozsat . I always knew it as Sky Channel 👌

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 15

I loved the original Sky Channel with its Dutch ads and DJ Kat  -  but it's not going to get me out of a contract 😀

For a couple of years the on-screen proms said "Sky Channel - from the studios of Satellite Television"

@NigelB72wrote:

Ahhh didn't know that was the original broadcast name @ozsat . I always knew it as Sky Channel 👌

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
Message 15 of 15

I watched the original Wrestlemania on Sky Channel 🥰