cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Strictly Come Dancing 4K HDR - hows it looking?

So while I've BT Broadband, I haven't opted for BT TV yet...  So watching "Strictly" on Google TV via the iPlayer we're probably getting a single frame glitch once every 3-4 minutes on the 30Mbps (avg) stream.  I'm wondering how the BT TV box compares?

I only learn by making mistakes and owning up to them - boy do I learn a lot!
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Strictly Come Dancing 4K HDR - hows it looking?

Stricky Come Dancing was not in 4K HDR as far as I can see.

@Crimliarwrote:

So while I've BT Broadband, I haven't opted for BT TV yet...  So watching "Strictly" on Google TV via the iPlayer we're probably getting a single frame glitch once every 3-4 minutes on the 30Mbps (avg) stream.  I'm wondering how the BT TV box compares?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

So watched this on iPlayer catch-up via GoogleTV last night with an indicated UHD 38410x2160/50p (set to match content).  Had a look this morning via the iPlayer app on the TV which doesn't perform so well and the TV only manages 1920x1080/25p with a noticeable difference in quality (and about 1/3 the bit rate measured on the router).  I assumed those with the BT TV box would get the 4K stream too.  I think Strictly is the only show I've watched on the BBC that is in 4K, and I'm not completely sure GoogleTV is fully up to it!

I only learn by making mistakes and owning up to them - boy do I learn a lot!
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

According to BBC they was no 4K transmission of the programme - it seems more likely the device was upscaling.