cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Watching nowtv via guide and via app

Hello. I’ve had this issue pretty much ever since I got bttv a couple of years ago.  It’s driving me mad.  If I watch a channel that is from my nowtv subscription via the guide on bttv (eg sky f1 445 or sky max 346 etc)  then it glitches/ pixelates every couple of minutes, this is also caught on recordings.

if I watch the same shows via the nowtv app in the bttv menu then I don’t get any glitching or pixelating.  Of course I then can’t pause it or record it like I can when I go in via the guide/ channel number - and I want to be able to pause and record.

Suggests to me that Wi-Fi is not the issue but that the box is faulty.

Any help would be appreciated. Cheers.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Watching nowtv via guide and via app

The channels in the guide are delivered using Multicast, the app channels are delivered differently and do not use Multicast. 

Usually with a problem like this you would get error message IPC6023 as well, it can be due to an account problem which only a BT employee can sort out or it could be a problem with the connection between your hub and the TV Box. For best results this should be an Ethernet cable, mini-connectors are known to cause the type of problem you describe as can Wi-Fi.

I presume from your post that you have the BT Pro box and are connecting via Wi-Fi?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Yes that’s right. Pro box connected by Wi-Fi.  What is a mini connector.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

A mini connector is sometimes provided by BT to TV customers , it's BT's fancy name for a powerline converter (see BT Mini Connectors for BT TV | BT Help)

There's only one way to get a good reliable connection and that's with a good old fashioned piece of wire (ethernet cable)

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Thanks for explaining.

No I’m not using one of those. Just Wi-Fi but the Wi-Fi is strong.

Nowtv are clearly providing the service to my box as the app works fine. BT are then processing it (I guess with the multi cast thing you mentioned) to add it to the guide and it’s not working properly. If the box can’t deliver then it’s not fit for purpose. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

It might not be the box.

Try searching for the error message 'IPC-6023' in the search bar above, it's almost certainly one of the most commonly asked and answered questions on this community and  sounds like a good fit for the problem you describe

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Will do,  thanks for your advice. 

0 Ratings