cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 15

Re: A heads up: The BT TV Pro Box CAN use the 5ghz DFS WiFi channels!

Ahh ok, that kinda makes sense... I think! 😮

Message 12 of 15

Oh thats good to know. Thanks

Message 13 of 15

Ok guys, I was a little ahead of myself in my celebration.

Picture and sound started breaking up today, so I switched to a non DFS channel (Below 52) and it went away :c

That's that experiment over lol.

Message 14 of 15

Could have been a channel switch activated by radar detection. I would imagine that would only likely be triggered by military aircraft passing over, but I have zero knowledge of that. How the Pro Box would currently handle that is anyone's guess.

You would probably need to carry out a reasonably long survey of DFS channels to see which channels may be affected & how often. I would imagine you would need to run a spectrum analysing type USB dongle with appropriate software to do that, or resort to trial & error.

But  given how the standard channels are relatively uncongested, it's probably best to stay in that area, using a typical WiFi analyser to pick an uncongested channel.

Message 15 of 15

I think that you may be right. 

Today on my WiFi scanner app it shows that no networks are broadcasting on or above channel 100, where there were a few yesterday!

Sometimes we do have military craft passing low overhead. I forgot about that in my need for speed lol.