cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

Telegraph Pole with Boundary

I have a news house with a telegraph pole on my property which is on a Private Road. It also  restricts access to the veh parking area. I do not use BT and there is no Wayleave for it as far as I am aware. I would like to have this pole either removed or moved to the edge of the property. What is the process for this tk happen? I have broached this already with BT with no feedback or reply to date less acceptance that the Pole is within my boundary from the information and photos provided thus far. Regards Will MacDonald

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: Telegraph Pole with Boundary

Hi @Will-Mac and welcome.

Thanks for posting about the pole. You'll get help and advice about this at Changing our existing network | Openreach.

Cheers

David

Message 3 of 13

Thanks Dave but I have already been through this process with Openreach but as alluded to have had no follow up. My formal email and attached form which was acknowledged by BT Openreach was referenced. ACTS 892788 - 15 and dated 12 Mar 23 and again with Dean Collins (Network Rearrangement Complex Engineer) on 24 Mar 24. The outstanding question being if costs were attributed then these would reimbursed when confirmation of the Pole being on my property with no Wayleave and not being  a User was provided. This was done with no follow up to date hence my further query tk the forum, best regards Will

Message 4 of 13

this has nothing to do with BT RETAIL.  the pole is property of openreach (not BT openreach) although openreach part of BT GROUP it is entirely separate company to BT RETAIL.  you need to contact openreach again

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 13

This has no more to do with BT , than it would with Sky or Talk Talk .

how long has this pole been there ? , if recently provided, it’s not just Openreach that use them , if it’s been there a long time ( before the property was yours ) then it’s probably OR’s .

Message 6 of 13

Hi, apologies I should have added the IS number as above. Regards Will

Message 7 of 13

Thanks , useful. OR's?

Message 8 of 13

OR , Openreach, FYI , there is no such organisation as BT Openreach , it’s just Openreach , BT Consumer are just a consumer of OR products, just the same as other Telcos , BT have no greater or lesser access than anyone else.

As you have already contacted OR and seem to have successfully entered a query regarding this pole , it’s a case of waiting until  they contact you with further information , or you contact them using the reference number they have already supplied you with .

Message 9 of 13

@Will-Macwrote:

Thanks Dave but I have already been through this process with Openreach but as alluded to have had no follow up. My formal email and attached form which was acknowledged by BT Openreach was referenced. ACTS 892788 - 15 and dated 12 Mar 23 and again with Dean Collins (Network Rearrangement Complex Engineer) on 24 Mar 24. The outstanding question being if costs were attributed then these would reimbursed when confirmation of the Pole being on my property with no Wayleave and not being  a User was provided. This was done with no follow up to date hence my further query tk the forum, best regards Will

Will, you have a problem with the date  with Dean Collins (NRC Engineer). I am sure you mean 2023. That being the case, you have really waited long enough despite the suggestion you sit back and wait.

If this was a new-build home, your solicitor will have asked the developer all sorts of questions including whether there was a wayleave applicable. I suggest you ask your solicitor to check whether any information at all exists as to the placement of this pole. I would expect, possibly incorrectly, the pole existed to service some older homes nearby. The permission may have been granted by the original landowner that sold the plot to the developer.

Either way, the sale documentation should have provided all this information.

The legal implications are many but  include ensuring your mortgage provider is aware of the existence. Your local council should have details as to the identity of the party providing permission.

Message 10 of 13

Do look at the written Report on Title solicitors produce when you buy a property. Also if there is an association locally that manages the private road it is possible they have a copy of a wayleave agreement (and also possible the pole is not on your land but instead on the land of whoever owns the private roads.