cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

BT Van

Not quite what to do about this one so thought I’d ask the question here to see if anyone has any ideas.

On 18th September, a BT van was parked outside our house and hasn’t moved since. Nobody knows who the driver is/was or where he/she lives. I suppose they might be on the sick but parking is at a premium in our street and we’d very much like to see this vehicle gone. 
Has anyone any ideas who we might contact about it?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Van

A purple BT van?

You're not talking about an Openreach one are you?

Complaints policy | Openreach

If you are you can use the chat there and see how far you get.....not sure they are breaking the law though im afraid, just like when my neighbours park their giant caravan outside their house from time to time blocking everyone, nothing anyone can do.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
Message 3 of 7

I have no doubt that the van will be taxed, insured and MOT'd if required so the driver is as entitled to park the vehicle on the road the same as anybody else.

It could of course have been stolen and "dumped" out side your house so perhaps you should call the Police in order to check if that is the case. If it is stolen they will contact the owners. If it is not stolen there will be nothing that they will do if there are no specific parking restrictions in force.

Message 4 of 7

Is it a BT Van as in it actually says BT on it or does it say Openreach?

Assuming it is Openreach, their employees can park light commercial vehicles at or as close to their house as possible. 

Normally if said Employee is off on Annual Leave and or Sick for more than 7 Days the Van is technically supposed to be taken to a Secure Yard like a TEC or ATE that has lockable gates. Although this rule isn’t always enforced, really depends if the owning Manager needs to ‘Pool’ out the van.

If said van does actually say BT on it, it’ll belong to either BT Technology or BT Supply Chain. Don’t know what the rules are for those lot.

Message 5 of 7

Big purple circle on the side with BT in big letters in the centre. Bit of a giveaway that it’s a BT van 🤣. Of course anybody can (and do) park in our street. We have a hospital not far away with a pathetically small car park so we get staff and visitors parking 7 days a week. Just strikes me as odd that BT can do without their van for a month

Message 6 of 7

If it’s BT van then I couldn’t tell you what the Parking at Home Agreement is for those guys.

They have different rules to Openreach, which I was.

Message 7 of 7

Sorry, alot of people just say BT when its Openreach, however on reflection we shouldnt assume everyones ignorance.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra