cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

BT master seems to be at the end of a series?

Go to solution

Hi,

Looking for some advice regarding my current wiring. I have what I thought is my master socket in our front room (has BT openreach face plate) but I soon realised our drop in comes from the back of the house. My drop in clearly comes into the house through the dining room. There is an old style BT junction box which then extends off to a standard plate telephone socket on the other side of the room. It looks like there is then a further extension off this that goes to what I thought was my master socket. The issue I have is we are having building work that will break the connection between the old style junction box and the first normal plate telephone socket therefore breaking the connection to my "master". Is it best just to make a master BT straight from the old style junction box and then run all the telecommunications from the dining room and is this something I could have an independent do or or as it's before the master would BT do this?

Unable to upload photos as too large

Many thanks

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT master seems to be at the end of a series?

Go to solution

IMG_20210306_084738.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

IMG_20210306_084720.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

IMG_20210306_084650.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

@Tomg12 

Who do you pay for your phone connection?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Broadband and line rental is through shell energy

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

@Tomg12 wrote:

Broadband and line rental is through shell energy

Then you need to contact them and ask them to arrange a visit from Openreach, to sort out the wiring so that the incoming connection goes directly to the master socket. The external connection is maintained by Openreach not BT.

There would be a charge for that visit, they should be able to tell you what that is.

This is a BT Retail customer forum, and would not be able to help with this issue, as you are not a BT Retail customer.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Ah ok thanks for your help. 

Tom

0 Ratings