cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

BT's new phone with Alexa..... now what?

Go to solution

So.......... with my package I got the 'all singing, all dancing' BT phone with Alexa and I was so excited I was clapping like a performing seal 😁 (it would've been better if it cooked, cleaned and gave hugs but maybe that was asking too much 🤣) and trying to think of what I could ask! And that was the thing..... what DO I ask 🤔?? Ask about the weather?? I can look out of the window, about the news?? I can look on-line, adding items to my shopping list?? I write them down when I think of anything I need and now after a good think I have NO idea what I could ask 😲!! I heard so many good things about having something like this in my home but now I have it I'm stumped!

So Peeps, I need suggestions on how to utilise Alexa even if it's daft or silly! Any ideas whatever they may be would be greatly appreciated!

Annnnnnd GO!! 😁😁😁

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT's new phone with Alexa..... now what?

Go to solution

do you have an amazon account?  if so have you linked Alexa on phone to your account?  do you have Alexa on mobile linked to your account?  if so you can voice dial from your BT phone using the contacts in your mobile phone so no need to add all your contacts to BT phone.  This can be helpful especially if you factory reset hub as that will delete all your BT phone contacts - unless you back them up elsewhere

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

It lights up like a Christmas tree when a delivery is on its way 🎄

Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Our Alexa basically plays relaxing music for cats all day when we're at work or is used for timers and delivery reminders.

If you want to be really annoying, you can set it to play Baby Shark every hour... I did this to my wife's Auntie 🤣

Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks All!!👍👍

@imjolly  Yes I have an Amazon account and have linked them up. If I used Alexa to dial I now have to remember what I have called each contact e.g. mum and dad home... parents home... mum home... dad home... 🤔🙄😂

@VeteranISPUser  I've had a couple of deliveries since having this and no xmas lights from it (although I cant remember what that looks like as I haven't had any reason to celebrate Christmas for a fair few yrs now 😢😁

@NigelB72 I have an old fashioned plug-in radio that my Fids (feathered Kids) and myself listen to every day so not needed and a GREAT suggestion with 'Baby Shark'👍 I bow down to your inventiveness👏 !! I saw on Twitter that a good way to freak someone out was to set their Alexa to play scary/spooky noises at 3am as an alarm!! All I need now is to befriend someone with an Alexa🤔😶😂

x x x x

Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @decembersangel 

Now that you've linked it to your Amazon account you should get a weekly email of examples that you can ask. Or go to Amazon and select 'Echo, Alexa and Smart Home' from the main menu, then scroll down to 'Content and Resources' and you'll find plenty to keep you busy.

Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Thank you @Andy005 

I haven't got any emails (maybe I turned off this option 🤔) so I will look into this and also on Amazon as to suggestions on how to make the most of Alexa 👍. I feel Alexa could be very useful to me if only I knew for what 😁.

Just another quickie while it's rattling around in my brain..... is it possible to 'like' a post/reply?? I ask this because on the main page of discussions it has a 'thumbs up/rating' for each post but I can't see anywhere that I can do this?!??! I see that some posts have a thumbs up/rating box at the bottom of each question/reply but this does not appear on those in The Lounge. Or is this part of 'posting' a question where you have to select if you want this feature?? Just curious! Ta kindly x

Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

@decembersangelwrote:

Thank you @Andy005 

I haven't got any emails (maybe I turned off this option 🤔) so I will look into this and also on Amazon as to suggestions on how to make the most of Alexa 👍. I feel Alexa could be very useful to me if only I knew for what 😁.

Just another quickie while it's rattling around in my brain..... is it possible to 'like' a post/reply?? I ask this because on the main page of discussions it has a 'thumbs up/rating' for each post but I can't see anywhere that I can do this?!??! I see that some posts have a thumbs up/rating box at the bottom of each question/reply but this does not appear on those in The Lounge. Or is this part of 'posting' a question where you have to select if you want this feature?? Just curious! Ta kindly x

The 'Like' option doesn't appear because you've posted your question in The Lounge. Post in any of the Forum options under Broadband / BT TV / Home Phone & Mobile / Email / Billing and the 'Like' option is available.

Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

👍 😁