cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 16

Can't post a question

When I try to post my question, it says it has been altered because of an invalid HTML link and it tells me to correct the errors. There is no such link.

Let's see if this one works!

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

Re: Can't post a question

Just click post again.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 16

I tried that at least half a dozen times. Just because I post a question it doesn't mean my brain doesn't work.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 16

See link about using the forum.

Forum Help - BT Community

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 16

Yes? I don't see anything particularly relevant there. My posts haven't contained any hyperlinks, so why does it report that they do and that they are invalid?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 16

No idea. It may just be a glitch.

You have obviously worked out how to post a question as evidenced by this thread. I would suggest that you just try again posting your question in the relevant board and see how you get on.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 16

It's happened with a private reply too, but not with these brief postings. I think it may be the spelling and grammar checker. When I edited out the underlined bit of the message it eventually went through.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 16

The spell checker is built into your web browser and is not part of the forum settings.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 16

Indeed, but the spell checker underlines words and when you click on them it activates a link to suggested corrections. I never thought it was anything to do with the forum settings and posted here because I was curious as to why posts were being rejected because of invalid hyperlinks which weren’t in them. I think I’ve  found an answer and thanks for your interest. 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 16

If your suspicions about links are correct how could I post a link in message 4?

EDIT. I am posting thsi to see if incorrect speling generates folts.

EDIT 2. No it doesn't.

0 Ratings