cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 21

Gold Address Key

Go to solution

Hi there,

I've been trying to switch to Sky Broadband, but the order has been cancelled twice now as its not clear what the gold address key is for the property. The line has been in place for a number of years, but according to Sky [and the Sky guy was really helpful] there are around 10 other properties associated with the phone line and my property isn't listed.

I'm trying to locate the person within BT that can confirm the gold address key for the property and would be grateful for any help with it!

Thanks,

Dave

20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21

Re: Gold Address Key

Go to solution

@davesandbach 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

Who provides your broadband at the moment?

BT would not be involved unless you are trying to place an order with BT Retail.

Its Openreach that hold the routing details for an address.

It means that there is no routing shown on the Openreach database, so there is probably no line connected. They would have to order a phone line first so that a routing could be built. If Sky are not interested, I would try another provider like BT Retail instead.

Message 3 of 21

Go to solution

Thanks Keith,

BT Provide the broadband - I'm just unsure who to contact.

Cheers,

Dave

Message 4 of 21

Go to solution

Oh, sorry I should add that there is definitely a line and phone / broadband in place and has been for a few years now.

To be fair to Sky the guy has been really trying, but when he accesses his view of the Openreach database it has 10 addresses associated with the line, so he can't sort it.

I guess I'm after the Openreach support people - if anybody can provide the contact for it I'd be grateful.

Cheers,

Dave

Message 5 of 21

Go to solution

@davesandbach 

Is your address correct as shown on the Royal Mail Postcode Database?

Message 6 of 21

Go to solution

Yea, it's correct on Royal Mail, but apparently not on Openreach - The Sky guy checked when I was on the phone. He read out all the addressed and they all start with the same house name as my place, but they are all different houses in the same village!

I asked about contacting Openreach, but his advice was that I'd have to contact the service provider which is BT, and not Openreach. I don't mind whoever I need to contact 🙂

Cheers,

Dave

Message 7 of 21

Go to solution

An ORDI request needs to be raised, to update the database.

I have asked a moderator to assist.

They will post on this thread.

Message 8 of 21

Go to solution

Hi @davesandbach,

I'll be able to raise the ORDI request for you and follow up with Openreach.

I have sent you a private message with some details that I'll need to get started.

Thanks
DanielS

Message 9 of 21

Go to solution

Hi @davesandbach,

I rang your contact numbers but missed you. I'll be in the office tomorrow until 9pm. Is there a particular time that would suit for a call?

I can see what could be causing the problems that you've been experiencing. I'll not go into it too much here until we get speaking but I know what to do going forward.

Thanks
DanielS

Message 10 of 21

Go to solution

Hi Daniel,

I'm available all day apart from 15:00 to 16:00.

You can contact me on the mobile (sorry I missed your call).

Thanks,

Dave