cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Gold / silver issue on address

Go to solution

Hi 

I'm unsure if this is the best place to ask about this issue.

My friend has an issue with her address and sky will not provide service until her address is regarded as gold. None of us have ever heard about this before.

Sky told us to get in touch with the post office, she spoke to them and they said they can't do anything. She then went back to sky to let them know what post office said and she was bluntly told its nothing to do with them. 

Can anyone help and point us in the right direction to sort this please? 

We have also tried openreach but on their website it won't let you contact them about this issue and the phone number just plays a message to tell you to go on the website feel like I'm going round in circles! 

My friend is older than me and she can't use the Internet so that's why I am trying to sort it for her.

Any help would be greatly appreciated 🙏 

Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Gold / silver issue on address

Go to solution

Not sure why you think BT customers can help with an issue with Sky? I suggest you ask on Sky's forum:

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/bd-p/sky_broadband

Message 3 of 10

Go to solution
I posted to this forum as there was someone else with same issue and it was resolved after posting on here.
I will try and reply to the original post with similar issue instead. We have already been in touch with sky and they said its not there problem. Thanks for the reply......
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

When you say your friend can't use the Internet, what does that mean? They have no Internet Provider, the Internet connection is faulty or something else?

It appears that there's a mismatch between the Royal Mail database & that of Openreach to correctly identify the property. If your friend has an existing Internet connection then they need to ask their current provider to raise something called an ORDI with Openreach to correct the error.

Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

Does your friend currently have broadband and if so which Provider?

Is your friends address correct in royal mail database?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

It means that there is no routing shown on the Openreach database, so there is probably no line connected. They would have to order a phone line first so that a routing could be built. If Sky are not interested, I would try another provider like BT Retail instead.

Message 7 of 10

Go to solution
Hi they already have sky on one side of the property. One side of the house is gold and the annex at the side has been classed as silver so they said it needs to be down as gold before sky can be installed.
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution
I have posted on the sky Community page as well hopefully someone can give us a link to get this changed.
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution
The Internet in the annex where it needs changing from silver to gold is provided by BT
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

As already stated , it’s not really a question to ask on a BT Consumer forum given your friend isn’t currently or even considering becoming a BT Consumer customer ( BT are not the industry problem fixers , other ISP  have exactly the same access to BT suppliers like Openreach  and if BT could fix this issue , then others  should also be be able to.

If your friend lives in the annex of a property that already has service, then , unless the annex is officially a separate dwelling ,(  so has its own entrance, letter box ,it’s address  registered separately with the Post Office , and with the local council for council tax etc ) , then they are living in a property that already has service from Sky , if the annex is correctly registered as a separate dwelling, then it should be possible to order a separate service for it .

If your friends ISP of choice,  cannot raise an order for a valid address , even if it isn’t a Gold address, perhaps a different supplier should be considered that will raise an order,  if it’s not a valid address that’s a different issue.