cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Old BT Flagstone markers

Go to solution

There is a small (approx 30cm) flagstone marker on the edge of my driveway. It has a square key lock at the bottom and PO stamped into it. It blocks the one side of my drive. Is there a way to apply to get this removed. I assume its old redundant infrastructure. There is an opposite equivalent on the other side of the road and more along the street. 

Below is a link to a similar picture https://ibb.co/1RBDKdq

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Old BT Flagstone markers

Go to solution

It will belong to Openreach, you'd need to contact them regarding your request, there might also be a charge for any adjustments.

Start with If our equipment is in your way we can help 

Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Its nothing really to do with BT , even if BT are your service provider, the image is of a ‘jointing post’ and is where Openreach underground cables meet up and are connected  together , it’s part of the copper pair network and is likely still in use , you can ask for it to be moved ( if for example you wanted to extend the width of your drive )  it’s probably not on your property so Openreach don’t have to move it  , but may if you request it, but at your cost, and usually it costs the enquirer for a survey ,  just to get an estimate of the actual costs of relocation.

Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

It’s not a Flagstone, it’s a JP (Jointing Post). 

They’re above ground DP’s they used in places where the cables were buried D.I.G. Direct in Ground.

They're a pain in the **** to work in. 

As said chances are it’s still in use and given it’s at the end of your driveway your line is in there.

You could call out Openreach to it. The Engineer might put an A1024 in the have it moved UG, which Openreach may complete some time in the next 10-20 years.