cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

HAVING YOUR BT BROADBAND AND MOBILE TERMINATED EARLY .

DUE TO MY ANGER AUTISM MENTAL HEALTH PROBLEMS  I  WAS ABUSIVE TO MEMBERS OF THEIR STAFF ON A FEW OCCASIONS  AND DUE TO THIS BT HAVE DECIDED TO CANCEL MY WHOLE CONTRACT WITH THEM FORTHWITH GIVING ME 30 DAYS NOTICE.       THEY ARE ASKING ME TO PAY THE EARLY TERMINATION FEES .       WHEN IT WAS  THEIR DECISION TO END MY CONTRACTS NOT  MINE.  FROM WHAT I HAVE BEEN TOLD BY THEIR ADVISERS  IF IT IS MY DECISION TO END MY CONTRACT I HAVE TO PAY THEM THE OUTSTANDING FEES  BUT IT WAS THEIR DECISION NOT MINE !!!!!!!!!         PLEASE WHERE EXACTLY DO I STAND HERE  ??????        IF IT IS THEIR DECISION I WONT HAVE TO PAY EARLY TERMINATION FEES ETC......  CORRECT ?????      I HAVE A YEAR LEFT ON MY BROADBAND CONTRACT.      THANKS  KARL.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: HAVING YOUR BT BROADBAND AND MOBILE TERMINATED EARLY .

@BETTINGBOY1962 

if you have been abusive to staff on the phone on more than 1 occasion and this is reason BT are terminating all your contracts I cannot see how it is BT's fault

can you please stop posting in block capitals as considered form of shouting and also makes your post difficult to read

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 11

SORRY BUT IT IS DUE TO VERY BAD EYESIGHT.               I AM NOT SAYING IT IS THEIR FAULT AT ALL.......I WAS INFORMED BY AN ADVISER THAT  IF IT WAS BT WHO DECIDED TO END THE CONTRACT EARLY I WOULDNT HAVE TO PAY AN EARLY TERMINATION FEE.    IF IT WAS MY DECISION THAN I WOULD HAVE TO PAY.....THIS IS THE ISSUE.        SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS BUT MY SIGHT IS AWFUL.     KARL.

Message 4 of 11

@BETTINGBOY1962wrote:

I  WAS ABUSIVE TO MEMBERS OF THEIR STAFF ON A FEW OCCASIONS

This is why you were terminated, BT employees are there to help customers, they are not there to be abused by customers, BT will not tolerate this and have now terminated your services, you remain liable for any early termination fees.

This is not unique to BT, all companies will do this, if you're frustrated then contact at a time when you're able to have a conversation without emotion, if you're unable to do this, you can appoint someone to deal on your behalf.

Message 5 of 11

The difficulty then is that anyone who wanted to terminate early without charges would only have to abuse BT staff to leave for free.

If you struggle with comms, could you maybe appoint an account manager to liaise with BT in future? I don't know if they'd accept that & cancel the termination, but I'd have thought they do have some responsibility to assist you in managing your account/condition.

Message 6 of 11

https://www.bt.com/terms/post1stsep2020voiceandbroadband

Paragraph 11b

" v. You or anyone else using a service act towards our staff or agents in a way which is unsuitable or serious enough to justify suspending or ending a service.

Message 7 of 11

You can always change the font size if you have problems with your sight instead of using capitals.

We all get frustrated at times and I'm not ignoring your condition but try and look at it from the customer service advisors side, how would you like it if someone spoke to you in the same manner, they just don't get paid enough to tolerate it.

Maybe if you appointed someone to speak on your behalf on an ongoing basis, and if that person contacted BT on your behalf and could give an assurance that there would be no repeat then maybe, just maybe, they could come to an arrangement with BT to avoid the cancellation.

It's got to be worth a try.

Message 8 of 11

SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS.     IN RESPONSE TO YOUR REPLY.     I HAVE SUFFERED FROM VERY COMPLEX AUTISM ASPBERGERS MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES MOST OF MY LIFE.       I RECEIVED THE FOLLOWING GMAIL FROM A BT ADVISER IN JAN 2020........HELLO BT HERE  WE'VE MADE THE CHANGES WE SPOKE ABOUT AND ADDED THE MENTAL IMPAIRMENT FLAG TO YOUR ACCOUNT THIS WILL TAKE EFFECT AS OF NOW.  THIS WILL BENEFIT YOU WHEN CALLING IN FUTURE AS IT WILL ALLOW OUR STAFF TO KNOW  OF THE IMPAIRMENT  SO THAT THEY DONT THINK THAT YOU ARE INTENTIANALLY SHOUTING AT THEM     BEST REGARDS  KEITH BT ADVISER.             EXACTLY WHERE DO I STAND  BT ??????   ON THE ONE HAND YOU ARE ADDING AN IMPAIRMENT FLAG THEN YOU ARE  TERMINATING MY SERVICES FOR  A FEW ANGER OUTBURSTS EXACTLY WHAT THE IMPAIRMENT FLAG WAS  THERE FOR .        TO MAKE THE STAFF UNDERSTAND THAT YOU HAVE MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES / ANGER PROBLEMS ETC.   

EXACTLY WHAT IS GOING ON BT  YOU ARE TAKING ADVANTAGE OF A VERY VULNERABLE ADULT  ..........

Message 9 of 11

This is one for the moderators to get involved with as there is always more to any story than we will/should read on here - on both sides.

Whilst very tempting to express your anger & disappointment here, i don't think it will help resolve any aspect of what has happened. Hopefully you can speak with a moderator on the phone and find a resolution.

Having read the T&Cs I believe legally BT CAN charge you. As to whether they should in light of the note they say they have put on your file, again one for the Moderators.

Message 10 of 11

PLEASE CAN YOU TELL ME HOW I CAN SPEAK TO A MODERATOR ON THE PHONE ?????     IS THERE A TELEPHONE NUMBER I CAN RING ????   THANK YOU.