cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

My BT not responding from website

Go to solution

Hi, For the last week or so when I try to log on to "My BT" from the BT.com website I get a "This site can't be reached - my.bt.com took too long to respond" message . I have deleted all cookies and tried using both the Chrome and Edge browsers but still get the same message. Is there a problem with this? 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: My BT not responding from website

Go to solution

What internet connection are you using when trying to access it?

Is it from BT Broadband? Or someone else?

Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

I'm using BT broadband but should that make any difference? Surely the My BT section of the bt.com website should respond whichever broadband provider is being used shouldn't it?

Message 4 of 5

Go to solution
Whilst that's true of www.bt.com, my.bt.com has additional protection to prevent attempts to hack accounts. It's not uncommon for high risk IP addresses to be blocked from accessing my.bt.com when they're able to access www.bt.com OK.
That wouldn't explain the issue for you though.

Have you been able to test it from any other internet connection? e.g. using mobile data, or from a BT Wifi hotspot?
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Ah I understand. However I am accessing the website from the same desktop and BT internet connection as I was a week or so ago when it was working.

I should have checked access via another route as you suggested. Have just done so using my tablet and all is well so it seems the problem must be with my desktop. I will investigate further and thanks for your help.