cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Re: New Sky sports + channel through BT TV

@naylor2006  I think that United are going through a very similar experience to what happened after Busby retired ( although I know that you’re not old enough to have lived through that). They are a huge club, and I think that they will be successful again. They just haven’t found the right coach yet. The game has changed enormously since Ferguson retired and they don’t have a devine right to dominate in the way that they did then. They will come again.

Just imagine what it’s like following Birmingham. Many of their fan base are completely delusional and think that they are a big club ( or some sort of sleeping giant). They are not a big club, never have been and never will be. Thankfully my dad knew that and so I’m immune to one false dawn after another. I can’t even bear to watch them these days - too painful.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

My memories are from 89 onwards, without dragging someone else's topic....off topic, Im just so frustrated with the direction, dont even expect trophies, I just cant equate some of these decisions even the new owners are making when the obvious answer seems right there.

But, must not drag someone elses thread away from the OQ 🙂

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
Message 3 of 6

In that case we’ll both get into trouble for taking the thread off topic. Actually I wasn’t aware that the OP was allowed to dictate how anyone else was allowed to respond, like that bloke on the other thread. Bloomin’ cheek! Some things are often more complex than they first appear and you don’t always get the response you expect.

Message 4 of 6

Enjoy! A former colleague of mine’s husband is a Wolves supporter and his brother follows Burnley. They’re old enough to remember when they were both a force to be reckoned with back in the 50s and 60s.

Message 5 of 6

Hi @naylor2006 and @Brucemeister5,

Just moved your posts through here so you can continue your chat, as it was a little off topic on the other thread 🙂

Rach

Message 6 of 6

@naylor2006 It looks like we’ve been moved into the lounge where the comfy seats are now.  What’s yours?