cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Switching to EE weirdness

Posted it in the Lounge since its not really a question

Today I went into an EE shop to try and move from BT to New EE to switch to the Busiest Home Bundle.

Unfortunately  I cant switch as I have BT TV currently it seems this package doesnt work with their own Streaming Service.

It seems a bit daft that a service marketed for busy homes that do a lot of downloading, gaming etc doesnt support the companies own streaming TV 

Hopefully they get this resolved soon

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Switching to EE weirdness

Yeah so you have to switch from BT TV to EE TV then you can switch everything else.

EE treat Broadband etc and EE TV as two seperate contracts. (Well they are doing on my account).

My BT TV switched to EE TV months ago but I still cant switch from BT to EE broadband. So my tv boxes are the new BT TV Pro and the old BT 4k UHD box but the Guide and GUI etc are all EE TV branded on screen.

Also trying to get full fibre but thats another long story.

Message 3 of 9

In my case its just you cant switch to the 1.6 gbps package if you have BT or EE TV for some reason.

Hopefully they get around to making it so they work with each other  soon

Message 4 of 9

Just remembered it was because I had Halo 3. They couldnt switch because of that.

Message 5 of 9

@verkosh 

This thread

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/TV/Busiest-Home-1-6Gb-with-BT-TV-Package/td-p/1380860/page/2

on the Ee community confirms the issue that you are experiencing and at the time of posting no expected clearance date.

Message 6 of 9

Ahh yeah.

I think that was an issue when they first became new EE last year that if you had Halo you couldn't switch to EE or if you had TV you couldn't switch when BT TV became EE TV.

Now if you have a landline or TV you can't switch to the 1.6gbps package almost a year after it launched.

They've really not set things up very well.

It's a shame BT won't be offering it as they eventually want to switch everyone to New EE

Message 7 of 9

"It's a shame BT won't be offering it as they eventually want to switch everyone to New EE"

They do indeed, but their processes for doing so appear to be an ill thought through shambles!
Message 8 of 9

I mean I can't see why they wouldn't work together and this seems more like a computer error in not being able to order them together or order a lower package and then upgrade.

Seems like a Computer Says No situation with no way for people to override it 

Message 9 of 9

Had a call from BT today with regards to the system error and been told it will take 10 days to fix. Expecting another call on 3rd Oct.