cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Thinking of leaving BT

Go to solution

I have now been with BT for some 23 years, with decent satisfaction. But with my contract coming to an end, being a pensioner and the upcoming increase of  £5.75 per month, i have to consider other providers. I have searched BT website for options to op out of BT. Can anyone tell me if the option is hidden in the depths of the  website ?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Thinking of leaving BT

Go to solution

@starship 

Once your contract is ended, you simply place an order with you new chosen provider, and they contact BT to tell them they are taking over your line.

Do not cancel your BT service first, otherwise your new provider will not be able to take over your line as there will be a pending cease on your line.

Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Phone BT and explain your situation..I'm certain you will be able to renew at your current price on a new contract thus avoiding the incoming price hike..

You are lumbered with their ridiculous 24 month contract, but there will be no increase until march 24..

Next march, you could do the same thing...renew at same price to avoid an increase..

You will probably have this offer online at the moment, ie, new contract at the price you are paying currently.

Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

@starship 

Another thing to be aware of if you have fibre (FTTC) broadband.

If the fibre cabinet is full, then you may not be able to get FTTC with a new provider, as your existing connection would be ceased and given to a new customer.

Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Hi All. Thanks for the replies.

After a long phone call to BT, I was offered a new contract at £42.??  But the same offer on my BT website offer of £39.96. Even though i informed them I am now a pensioner and 23 years with BT, no loyalty and nothing really to excite me.

My next question, As i am out of contract, i received an email " We wanted to remind you that from 31 March 2023, the price of your services will increase by £5.75 a month. This is in-line with your terms and conditions, which are linked to inflation."   I was informed on the phone that there would not be an increase if i renewed my contract, is this true ?