cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 26

xatreon.com

Something called xatreon.com is interfering with my laptop connecting to websites. A message appears saying "This site can't provide a secure connection. xatreon.com uses an unsupported protocol. ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH". After a few tries the website connects, but this is happening all the time. Is it a scam?

25 REPLIES 25
Message 2 of 26

Re: xatreon.com

You need to look through what you've installed recently and if you've made any transactions online check your bank balance!

The site you've listed "claims" to provide online protection, you connect to them using a VPN and they then scan and filter the content you are looking at.  However it all comes across as somewhat dodgy, and it's quite possible that your device has been compromised by a piece of software that persuades people it's going to protect them!

I only learn by making mistakes and owning up to them - boy do I learn a lot!
Message 3 of 26

I'm also getting this and it is very annoying.  The only non Microsoft software I've installed recently was video/image software from NCH who are a long established and rated as reliable company and Apple iCloud (similar)

Going to do some more tests 

Message 4 of 26

A long-established company with a reputation for hiding bloatware in their installers.  If you read the install dialogues you'll spot the extra software being installed!

I only learn by making mistakes and owning up to them - boy do I learn a lot!
Message 5 of 26

I'm guessing you mean NCH and not Apple

Will try disinstalling and see how it goes

Message 6 of 26

Just wanted to find if you managed to sort this issue, please. 

Message 7 of 26

Hello,

No - had several replies but not managed to solve it. Would just like to find out how to clear it out of my computer. I've run all the security tests, scans, you name it - just can't find anything to get rid of.

JLR

Message 8 of 26

Not entirely sure why you are posting about the problem on a BT retail forum.

You are more likely to get advice from a wider audience on a more general forum.

Message 9 of 26

It sounds more like a browser hijacker. Have you tried a different browser?

Message 10 of 26

Try running free ADWCleaner from Malwarebytes.

You should also try starting your computer in "Safe mode" and running your antivirus program while in safe mode.