cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

BT Box

On 22 March I followed on-screen instructions and retuned my BT Box.  Now I cannot get GB News.  I tried re-tuning again, but still no GB News.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT Box

That's about as clear as fog, you'll need to clarify if you're seeking help

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Did you read the actual text or only the subject?
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

I believe GB. News is on Freeview. Channel 236 and is one of the channels distributed on the ARQ B multiplex. 
So @kgsummer  are you after your retune missing all the ARQ B channel. these would  include channels such as W 25 , Yesterday  27 , GREAT movies  34 etc. Or is the problem specific to the GB News 236 channel ?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

I have just checked and I do not have Channels 25, 27 or 34 either

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

The BT Box is relying on the Freeview service to deliver the channels you mention, so start by working through the troubleshooting there to make sure:

1. Which channels you should get and
  2. If there is any works/issues relating to the transmitter serving your location

Freeview service checker: Which channels should I get?

Freeview service updates: Planned maintenance and transmitter information

Next steps are to check local weather as it can have an affect on Freeview signals: Bad weather help  and/or BBC - Freeview reception problems 

General question - have you lost these channels on other Freeview devices? Can you test?

If your TV is smart and has the YouTube app, you can watch many news channels including GB News live via that in the meantime.

Lastly, if all else has failed, it may be that you are receiving "too hot" a signal since the retune so the tuner in the box is slightly overwhelmed.

This is quite well known, search the forum for "Variable Attenuator" for instructions.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 7 of 9

Thank you. A few things to try there. Fortunately, I was getting a bit fed up with GB News so a break might be good.
Message 8 of 9

My rule is to avoid all news channels, it simply isn't good for your mental health.

NEWS = Negative Events World Service. 

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Interestingly I see GB News is now streaming through Channelbox (Ch. 271). So is Now 70's, Now 80's and Now Rock.

0 Ratings