cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 281 of 433

Re: BT TV Box Pro - surround sound issues

Thanks for your work on this too Darren, much appreciated!

0 Ratings
Message 282 of 433

Re: BT TV Box Pro - surround sound issues

Darren

My Av receiver is a Sony STR-DN1080 with Dolby + and Dolby Atmos it is set to multi channel and with my old box I had 5.1. I still get 5.1 when watching Netflix, Prime, or sky via the Nowtv app on my Nvidia shield but if I watch the same through the BT box then I only get sound throgh the front speakers if I have the BT box set to Surround. 

The disapointment for me is BT Ultimate as I was expecting to be immersed in sound as they advertise but I am NOT just a flat sound from the front speakers. They should not be advertising this as it is not true.

I look forward to see what they come up with as a fix.

Cheers

0 Ratings
Message 283 of 433

Re: BT TV Box Pro - comments/questions

I Have a bt box pro it is possible to use a bt box pro alongside a youview+ box but make sure when setting  up programs or deleting programs make sure the other box you are not directly controlling is in stand by mode or switched off and select controlling the Bluetooth remote as set top box in the menu as otherwise you might delete a program on the other box if is also live and ensure the guide on the bt tv app is assigned to the new box also be aware you can only have subscription services on 1 box I think

0 Ratings
Message 284 of 433

Does anyone know if the new  BT TV Box Pro has a manual tune option for Freeview channels (where you can tune into specific muxes etc)  or is it still stuck to the Youview method of full scan only?

0 Ratings
Message 285 of 433

@derryviewer wrote:

Does anyone know if the new  BT TV Box Pro has a manual tune option for Freeview channels (where you can tune into specific muxes etc)  or is it still stuck to the Youview method of full scan only?

No manual tune option, and I'm not aware of any plan to add it.

0 Ratings
Message 286 of 433

I can't  make out why you would wish to fine tune the channels unless you are in a week signal aerial or wish to view programs from a different region the only way would be either get a freesat dish and a freesat box for around £200 or less if you buy used and a a dish kit from amazon at just £36 you would then be able to select a postcode of your choice for a different region or with the iplayer and itv player on youview you could select a different region to view those channels instead of recording a program or you could by a nvidea tv box and use you phone and a vpn app and select a differnt area in the uk and cast a program from your phone to the tv

0 Ratings
Message 287 of 433

@ROUGHTONG

"I can't make out why you would wish to fine tune the channels"

Possibly because being able to manually tune in a terrestrial multiplex is a lot simpler and cheaper than what you are suggesting?

On my non-YouView equipment I have manually tuned in the BBC A multiplex from an adjacent transmitter area to get extra BBC local radio stations for football commentaries when my team is playing in their area, (my team is in another part of the country from where I live now, so not covered by my local BBC station normally).

The YouView box did not pick up this multiplex when scanning for channels automatically.

Message 288 of 433

If you live in overlapping transmitter areas, it would also mean you wouldn't end up with a load of duplicates in the 800's as you could just stop the box scanning those channels.

Message 289 of 433

Just refreshed my BT TV package as it was slightly cheaper than what I was paying and went through the order. I didnt realise there was a new TV Box so I selected that. However on my existing package I pay for an extra TV box but the order did not give me the opportunity to add an extra new TV box.

So my order just shows I am getting one of the new Pro boxes. Has anyone else experienced this as it looks like I will get one new model but still have to use my existing older TV box although the new monthly price doesnt include an extra box £5 payment ?

Anyone had this issue before I try and ring BT ?

0 Ratings
Message 290 of 433

There isn't a new version of the "Extra box", so yes - you'll need to continue using the extra box you already have.
I wouldn't bother calling in unless you find something actually wrong - wait for the Pro box and see if everything works as you'd expect.
0 Ratings