Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 421 of 433

Re: BT TV Box Pro - comments/questions

The feature on Tivo is called Series Link +
0 Ratings
Message 422 of 433

There are two 'Series Link' options on the TiVo software.

'Series Link' will record episodes of the selected series on the selected channel.

'Series Link+' will record episodes of the selected series on any subscribered channel.

For either the user can select just NEW episodes. all episodes but not repeating episodes, or every broadcast episode including repeats.

It means that it will continue to record future series - even if they have changed channels (like BBC2 to BBC1).

It is a very good system not carried over to Virgin's new 360 box.

@gcdmartinwrote:
The feature on Tivo is called Series Link +

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 423 of 433

This also reminds me of the Topfield with modified software, where you could set up a search string of text, eg a program title, and it would record any instances found in the future.
0 Ratings
Message 424 of 433

TiVo does that too. Can do recordings based on selected sports teams, or actors, etc.

@albacorewrote:
This also reminds me of the Topfield with modified software, where you could set up a search string of text, eg a program title, and it would record any instances found in the future.

0 Ratings
Message 425 of 433

Ahh yes series link +. Otherwise know to tivo users in the US as season pass. 

Great bit of software 

Message 426 of 433

It was known as that on the original TiVo boxes here in the UK too. though the EPG was only updated when the box "called in" so it was quite often out of date, which was when the padding options really helped. I was so frustrated when TiVo joined forces with Virgin as there was no cable within 30 miles of me 😞 That's when I first joined BT Vision....

0 Ratings
Message 427 of 433

I remember the original Thomson scenium tivo. With its cache card etc. 

Shame tivo don't sell the antenna version (as they call it) here for us UK folk. All it needs is the atsc tuner swapped for dvb-t or even a dvb-s version for freesat. I think it would have done well.

Enhanced meta data is where it excels 

Message 428 of 433

On the other hand, I recall that you had to pay a  subscription (£10 per month?) to Tivo to use the TV guide - who would want to pay that now? 

Message 429 of 433

Actually when purchaed you could take out a one-off life time subscription for £200 - so about 20 months in value.

I got two boxes early on with both lasting 10 years - so good value.

@albacorewrote:

On the other hand, I recall that you had to pay a  subscription (£10 per month?) to Tivo to use the TV guide - who would want to pay that now? 

Message 430 of 433

It was groundbreaking at the time. Still is in some ways. There are features that tivo has that still rivals don't have. Examples include :

• Record hd only or preferred hd
  • Record new only (no repeats) 
  • Advanced clash management (if not resolved it will seek another viewing later on or offer a ghost recording pointing to on demand such as Iplayer) and priority recording. 
  • Advanced season pass
  • Enhanced meta data including actor info, YouTube links and films/shows similar to that one etc
  • Search by anything show, actor, director, film studio etc
  • Backwards epg (only youview seemingly the other service to offer that as far as I am aware)
  • And others I have not mentioned

This is based on my experience with virgin media tivo as some of those obviously wern't around in the original days. 

0 Ratings