cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 51 of 90

Re: BTTV colours going odd (grey green and pink hues) power down and restart needed. Box on the way

Go to solution

I agree - it's got absolutely nothing to do with the TVs at all.  And mine is connected via a home theatre amp anyway.

Touch wood, my new box has behaved itself so far, including the Sunday afternoon game last weekend.

It is definitely newer than my previous one as (a) it has the newer BT logo on the front (and on the remote), and (b) it doesn't have a SCART socket which the older model had.

0 Ratings
Message 52 of 90

Re: BTTV colours going odd (grey green and pink hues) power down and restart needed. Box on the way

Go to solution
Thanks for positive message , my new box arrives today
0 Ratings
Message 53 of 90

Go to solution
Fingers crossed for you @Alanbruce that you get one that doesn't have the fault!
0 Ratings
Message 54 of 90

Go to solution

@DarrenW 

Panasonic Viera TX-50CX700B

This only started recently - I've had NowTV for a while (for the sport) and the problem occurs when the broadcast switches from adverts back to live TV when the broadcast is from a live event. It's all but as though Sky are sending some signal down that is being interpreted by the youview box. But as this hasn't always happened, is it likely that the problem is in a firmware upgrade on the Youview box OR Sky changing what it sends down the line?

0 Ratings
Message 55 of 90

Go to solution

PS to all - I have found that I can go to the TV settings on the youview box (set normally to 1080p) and change that setting to 1080i - it then appears to send something to the TV and ask if you want to keep the setting - say no to that and stay on 1080p and the picture reverts to normal without a reboot.

Message 56 of 90

Go to solution
@stevetucknott When mine got worse, it wasn't only doing it after the ads at the half-time interval but during the games as well. And, if I recall, it even happened during a Liverpool CL match on BT Sport, so not just limited to Sky Sports.
0 Ratings
Message 57 of 90

Go to solution

Thank you all for your comments.

When the colour issue occurs, is this on HD and if so, if you switch to the SD version of the channel do you still see pinks/greens?

0 Ratings
Message 58 of 90

Go to solution

@DarrenW

To answer your first question, yes.

As for your second question, I can't recall whether I tried that or not, although I did try moving to other channels. I just don't recall whether I got as far as the SD versions of the channels (using channel up/down on my remote, as I hide all the SD channels in the EPG).

Essentially, the issue remained for all channels and recordings (although they would have been in HD as well), but NOT apps - that was how I managed to complete watching the match I was following when it started to happen every 10 mins or so via the EPG.

Should the problem ever appear on my replacement box (fingers crossed it hasn't so far, but does seem to be happening to a few users with newer boxes), then I'll sure give that a try (along with @stevetucknott's suggestion).

0 Ratings
Message 59 of 90

Go to solution

When it happened last night with the Wolves game, I switched to BBC 1 SD  and the picture remained in purple/green/monochrome. I haven't tried an SD Sky Sport channel to see if the colour switch happens if on an SD channel initially.

As an side,the clicking and disturbance on the TV before the picture switches to the odd colour scheme seems to be getting worse.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 60 of 90

Go to solution
  • So the new box just did it again after the Newcastle game.  Thanks Steve Tucknott for the trick of selecting 1080i and then saying no. Took seconds to reset instead of turning the thing off.
  • BT this is a software or firmware problem you need to fix!
0 Ratings