cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Disney+

Hello im new to BT and wondered when the disney plus app will be available on my TV box.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Disney+

When Disney decide to make it available. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Poor BT and its lacklustre apps. Netflix, Prime, Britbox and NOW are quite pathertic really in 2022. Missing Disney, Paramount Plus, Discovery Plus, Apple TV, Lionsgate Plus, Red Bull and Youtube. Does have some incredible games though.

Have just subscribed to Sky Stream to get UHD Sky sports which Now does not have. Will be keeping BT TV for BT sport though so I can record BT Sport and Eurosport. Just a little annoying that BT does not get a move on and get some apps.

If its not BTs fault and its the fault of the service provider then does not say that much about the BT TV service and it looks like its overlooked.

Sky and Virgin have Disney and there is so much competition.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

From my perspective, every platform has compromises when it comes to apps, including Sky.

Sky has access to all the main players, but the actual implementation in terms of picture quality, stability and integration leaves a lot to be desired on Q, Glass and Stream, despite the marketing.

I have Q and don't use any of the onboard apps because they are simply not good enough. I've spent enough time on the Sky community to know that Glass & Stream also have issues with apps.

Would it be nice for BT to have more apps? 100%.

But I don't believe there is a single platform out there that gets it right yet, so customers have no choice but to use more than one device in many instances. 

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

@stereohaven thats right but BT always seems to not care enough about BTTV or just dont try hard enough. What real updates apart from the streaming of TV channels have BT done in years. Which they had to with Virgin Stream and Sky Stream. I intend to keep BT and have no issues with it for recording sports and the IPTV tv channels. The PRO box and new mini box is excellent and its frustrating that BT dont get the deals in place to make it more of a challenge to their competitors.

Its just things move on so quick and in my opinion BT TV cannot cut it. I asked BT why there was no Youtube or Disney and their response was most people have it on their smart tv. Using that example then why have Netflix or Prime video or BT TV at all.

I have a 2021 LG OLED which is why I never got Sky Glass and its got all the apps but the Sky UI is so much nicer and its nice to just have one remote for the familys veiwing.

Everybody is welcome to their own opinions and thats great.

Message 6 of 9

If you want the full range of apps. You are better of getting the likes of an Amazon Firestick and using that.

I been using the Amazon Firestick more in over the last 15 or 16 months than the Youview box for the apps.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

I do agree with plenty you say @jas20001978.

It's frustrating to me as a fellow LG owner that the TV doesn't support the native BT Sport app, nor does the NOW app do 50 frames per second sports, even if you have Boost. 

I also understand your point entirely about the glacial pace, I have often wondered if BT are serious about TV, it's one of the reasons I left.

But to be fair I think a great deal has to do with the internal changes going on at BT such as the move to make EE the consumer brand and the BT Sport/Discovery deal being done.

Perhaps 2023/4 is when the platform matures more fully, including the addition of extra apps?

I still wouldn't use the BT TV Pro box to watch them on though as it doesn't support Dolby Vision, which brings me back round to my original post, although I know I am in a minority on picture quality, even in my own house!

————————————————————-
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

I have a fire stick which i do use, i have moved from virgin to BT and i know virgin and sky have the apps so wondered why BT didnt. I happy to keep using my fire stick 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Many are @Wolfiebaby, they are cheap, fairly easy to use and provide SD, HD, 4K HDR and Dolby Vision for apps that support it. 

————————————————————-