cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Failed to Record

Hi, i wonder if anyone can help. We subscribe to BT Sports and two weeks ago our football team were live on BT. I went to the match and set it to record and my Partner watched it on TV while it was recording. As we won promotion on this day, we watched the whole program again the same evening from our record listings. All was fine and the intention was to keep it on the box. Last night we thought we’d watch it again, but to our dismay, this recording now comes up as Failed to Record, even though we watched it once 🤦🏻 The daft think is, older live recordings from previous matches are still there to watch 🤦🏻 What is it with these BT boxes and can we get the recording back? We were with Sky previously and never had issues like this 🤦🏻

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Failed to Record

Is this a Pro box ?

If so we have had similar problems as well, now on our second box. If you look at the forum you will see several similar threads with all sorts of problems with the Pro boxes.

Sadly I very much doubt that you will be able to get the recording back.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Failed to Record

Hi @Firebolt  there is a current issue whereby some successful recordings also have an apparent  second recording scheduled for the same program which is marked as failed to record. (ie two entries for the same program) If you have recorded the program and watched it , that recording should still be on the box  AND if you want to preserve the recording there is an option to Lock the recording so it won't be deleted by normal activity.

If you go to Home page then select under RECORDINGS and Watchlist  the +MYTV  tile and then on the Recordings screen you will I hope see the recording. Asi mentioned there might be a second entry for a failed recording  but you should see the successful complete recording , play it again , lock the recording to prevent deletion (under normal box operation)

0 Ratings