cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

How to get channel 325 on BT Box Pro

Go to solution

www.bt.com/tv/entertainment/discovery-eurosport-announcement

From above webpage: 'customers with the HD add-on will be able to watch the HD versions of these channels on channel 325 for Discovery Channel'

Why do I get the message 'You need to set up Discovery HD or add it to your TV package' when attempting to tune to 325, on my BT Box Pro, as I have BT Sport and the HD add-on?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: How to get channel 325 on BT Box Pro

Go to solution

@skind56 

Discovery channel is only available on certain packages. From the same webpage: From 4 November, new and existing customers can watch Discovery Channel on our Entertainment, Big Entertainment and VIP BT TV packages.

The good news if you have the BT Sport package is that  you should have access to the Discovery+ app.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks @BillyM but I did not make it clear that I'm aware I can get Discovery+ via the Discovery+ app but I was enquiring how to access Discovery+ via channel 325 on my BT Box Pro.

I think the process has yet to be completed and the 325 channel made available in the future along with the Discovery+ app on the BT Box. Eurosport channels are currently showing the Australian tennis as part of this process I believe.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

You will only get 325 Discovery HD  (or  320 Discovery) if BT includes it on the BT TV package you are subscribed to.  They  seem to treat it as an Entertainment channel. Discovery is I believe a Warner Brothers Discovery channel. Whilst my personal view is that it should be treated as a general available channel as if the case with AMC  that is not how BT have currently decided to include it in their TV offering,

if I understand correctly Eurosport 1 , Eurosport 2  (uk) and BT Sport channels are part of the joint venture company that  Warner Brothers Discovery and BT  established. So perhaps not surprising that they are included with BT TV Sport packages.

0 Ratings