cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

IPC 6023 error watching BT channels

Go to solution

Moved to BT FTTP, connected using DrayTek Vigor 2865 instead of BT SmartHub2, and getting IPC 6023 error after 4 mins when watching SKY channels on BT TV PRO box. No problems if I connect via BT SmartHub2.

BT FTTP connected to WAN2 on the 2865.

IGMP enabled and directed to WAN2.

Does anyone know what I need to configure/set-up on the 2865 to resolve this problem? Can anyone help?

Best Rgds,
AK16
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: IPC 6023 error watching BT channels

Go to solution

@AK16 

How is the Pro box connected to the Draytek?

If it's wifi then it's likely the Draytek doesn't support multicast transmission over wifi where as the Smarthub does.

Edit:

If over ethernet then surely you direct IGMP to the lan port the pro box is on.

Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hello @TimCurtis,

Thank you very much for the quick response.

It is via CAT6 cable, via a Ubiquity network switch. No WiFi involved.

I am running VLANs but caution, my knowledge of networking is very basic/minimal.

I saw a previous post where increasing 'General Query Interval' had resolved similar problem on DrayTek router/switch. So, I have in the last 30 mins, increased the 'General Query Interval' value (from 125 secs) to 2 hours on DrayTek, and running a test, i.e. unattended recording two sequential sky sports programs for approx.. 5 hours total.

Thus far, the recording is successful definitely passed the 4 mins, been on for over 30 mins.

Your thoughts if I am on the correct path to resolution ?

Thanks for your help @TimCurtis.

Best Rgds,
AK16
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

@AK16 

Are you sure it's recording OK as it might possibly carry on even with an IPC error and you'd maybe just get that screen?

Just to clarify what IGMP & Snooping does. It means that the transmission being received is passed to the requesting port rather than flooding all ports. This is different to IPTV / multicast which is where the issue is.

Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

@TimCurtis ,

Thanks for the feedback.

Initial viewpoint, it is recording OK. The first programme (SKY Sports) of 2h35m was recorded with video (and sound) to the end. I have not replayed the recording in normal speed and verified picture/sound quality (i.e. frames being dropped....). I will verify this and report in a few days.

Thank you for the info on IGMP/Snooping. I am/was unaware of what both did. Something I need to read up on.

The question I have for myself is, by making this change, have I fixed a network problem and it was not a multicast issue or, worked around the multicast problem and not resolved the multicast problem. Plus, has the change added more noise on my network. Too many questions...

Will provide an update as to the recording.....

Thanks for your time and help @TimCurtis 

Best Rgds,
AK16
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
@TimCurtis, I can confirm the two recordings I had mentioned above, is all good. Thanks again for your support.
Best Rgds,
AK16
0 Ratings