cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

IPC6023 Error message

Go to solution

Hi,

had a new by tv box for a few weeks now and everything was good, but the last few days had this error message and can see no channels.  

Reset the by box and that does not help, so have to reset the router. That only seems to last a short while though.  I am connecting via Ethernet cable and had been all good.

it seems to be only the tv channels, apps work, Netflix etc so it’s connected.

Any idea why just the tv channels are failing?

I set it up to not use the Ariel, so maybe I should reset the whole thing and use that going forwards.

Any advice appreciated before I go down that path

thanks

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: IPC6023 Error message

Go to solution

Hi @Gar_lloyd welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm sorry about the delay getting back to you.

It sounds like a speed issue between the Hub and BT Tv box if resetting the Hub temporarily resolved this. Is the ethernet cable connected directly from the Hub to the Tv box or are you using powerline adapters or a disc?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Hi,

it’s connected directly to the box.

thanks

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @Gar_lloyd thanks for getting back to me. Can you try a different ethernet port on the Hub?

It would also be worth checking that the Hub is not in FTTP mode if you have FTTC broadband.

1. Access the Hub Manager by typing bthub.home or 192.168.1.254 into a browser while connected to the Hub Wi-Fi network
  2. Select the Advanced Settings tile
  3. Then select the Broadband tile
  4. You'll be prompted for the Admin password (this can be found on the back of the Hub unless it's been changed by the customer)
  5. You'll see an option labelled Full Fibre (FTTP) Mode change the slider from On to Off if it's switched on.
  6. You'll then see a pop-up making sure you understand the change, click Yes
  7. Then just click Save at the top of the page
  8. A final pop-up will appear which details the changes. It's very important you go through this with the customer. Click OK to continue
  9. The Hub will restart and the customer will need to make sure the Ethernet cable from their Openreach Modem is now connected to Port 4 on the Hub
  10. Any device that was using port 4 should be moved to ports 1-3 instead

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks

Neil

Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Hi,

ok I have done these steps and so far it’s all good.  The BT view is plugged into port 4 and I can see the channels fine.

I will monitor over the next few days and post back with the results 

many thanks

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks for the update @Gar_lloyd .

Hopefully that's it sorted. Please do keep us updated.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Hi

so far it’s all good. Thank you very much for the quick response here