cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 48

Re: Ip Freeview

Will this Freeview IP be made available on older BT boxes too? Will Free channels be made available on YouView TVs (such as Sony)?
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 48

@TheRealBudski  I still can’t see how to these channels I have big sport sub. All the channels are still on the original numbers, tried a retune and no difference. 

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 48

Looks like it’s just the BT TV box pro for now.

I have the G4 or DTR T4000 which was the previous 4K box

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 48

My guess is that we will need a software update to enable it. They normally come down automatically 

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 48

Great news that we’re getting a step closer with this.

It’s good to see BBC Sounds will get an EPG number. I was wondering why a service had been testing with a static background and ‘press red’ burned into the stream. 

I wonder if this means the possibility of the BBC serving up the full Sounds experience alongside their MHEG overlaid  Freeview radio services - allow users to choose secondary stations and podcasts for the channel number they’ve selected.

Looking forward to seeing how they price and promote it alongside their Now/Sport/Asian packages. It’d be great if this was introduced as an entry option, meaning you wouldn’t need to have another subscription to use BT TV. It’d give them a really strong loss leader to upsell addons to customers who already have a box.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 48

I don't understand why this link (https://www.bt.com/help/tv/guide/ip-freeview-guide) claims to be updated on 2nd August 2022, but refers to obsolete channels like Sky One? 

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 48

It doesn’t, it only refers to Sky Arts HD and Sky News HD?

You might need to hard refresh the page in your browser.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 18 of 48

Interesting...I can see the updated list on my computer, but even after clearing the cache on my iPhone, I still get an old list showing Fox HD, Sky One etc

Message 19 of 48

I noticed this too, the page shows an outdated list of channels on mobile but the new updated list on desktop/laptop.

Message 20 of 48

Interesting. So I double checked and I see the updated list on an iPadOS  tablet but the old one on an iOS iPhone, both in Safari.

Weird.  New list on a PC using edge.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED