cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 41 of 48

Re: Ip Freeview

Cheers mate!

One question though do you need an antenna connected to complete setup as you do currently?

Thanks

DW

0 Ratings
Message 42 of 48

No take the antenna out of socket 

0 Ratings
Message 43 of 48

Excellent cheers!

0 Ratings
Message 44 of 48

From what I've gathered from @DarrenDev and others comment in this thread you need to have the aerial disconnected but as I said it hasn't worked for me others may be able to give better details of exactly what happens.

https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-from-BT/New-features/td-p/2246304/page/6

I'm hoping there will be an official annoucement about the update that gives some more details (s/w version etc.) as far as I can see over on the Youview site there's been nothing published yet from that side either.

EDIT Beaten to it!

0 Ratings
Message 45 of 48

Clearly this page https://www.bt.com/help/tv/guide/ip-freeview-guide is wildly inaccurate and misleading

0 Ratings
Message 46 of 48

It’s now been released. I rebooted my box and it was there. 

0 Ratings
Message 47 of 48

[quote]Additional regional channels (where available) [/quote]

Surely this is on Freeview and not internet mode ?

I assume BT haven’t got additional BBC and ITV regions in the 800’s like Sky, Freesat, and Virgin Media ?

I receive Saorview channels in the 800’s and 900’s here in NI

0 Ratings
Message 48 of 48

I don’t think the carriage arrangements for IP include the Northern Ireland mini mux channels with RTE One etc.

Futhermore, the set up wouldn’t allow for you to get the overspill from the actual Soarview muxes from Ireland. This is the disadvantage of having two separate modes, but perhaps this would have been difficult to program with how the logical channel number (LCN) allocations work, especially with HD channels appearing on 1 rather than 101 etc.

0 Ratings