cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Missing freeview channels (not HD)

Hello 

I’m missing quite a lot of SD channels on freeview. The channel shows, but only the holding page.  After a w hike it shoes me it’s a signal/aireal problem

these channels are Dave/quest red/food network/4 extra/ Realy/Pick/Challenge/Drama/ quest+1 

it’s pretty strange as Dave dèja vue and quest work … the HD ones work too 

I downgraded recently from entertainment plus to standard entertainment, could this be related ? 

I have a TV upstairs (only freeview not BT) and all the channels are working there so it’s definitely not an aireal problem  

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Missing freeview channels (not HD)

Hi @hellothere19 

Freeview channels  are grouped onto a number of multiplexes which transmit at different frequencies  from the transmitter, so  you seem to have issues with the channels on Arqiva A  multiplex.

Nought to do with TV subscription. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

I'd suggest performing a manual channel scan perhaps those channels have had MUX changes.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

If I directly go to freeview on my TV without acceding BT tv, I have these channels  

But they are not showing on he BT you view box and I get an error. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

I returned  several times and these channels have all disappeared from my youview box

On my other tv upstairs that only has free view (not youview) the channels are all featured 

so it’s definitely a BT issue. 

any suggestions ?  I’m not too happy that I don’t have all freeview channels on BT 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

@hellothere19 

On your main SD channels like BBC1 & ITV what signal quality & strength figures do you get? The tuners on the Youview units are not as good as on most TVs and suffer when the signal strength is too high or too low. Ideal figures are 100% for quality and 80-90% for strength.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

I don’t have even bbc1 and 2 as SD  channels anymore. First SD channel listed is itv  with signal quality 43% and strength 90%

0 Ratings