cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

My BT TV box is not functioning

Go to solution

I am unable to turn on the TV. the BT box is showing a bright blue light but nothing is happening

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: My BT TV box is not functioning

Go to solution

What is showing on the TV screen? Could you have inadvertently switched the HDMI source to something other than what your BT TV box is connected to?  Have you checked the HDMI lead is securely plugged in at both ends?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution
Hi,
Whilst the TV would come on terrestrially, it wasn't even starting via the BT controller. Went through all the sequences, switching off etc, etc, etc and with no gain, all I got was, first a red light for a few seconds, then a blue light, but no other response. Spoke to BT eventually and they have decided to send out a new box, but that means all recordings etc lost.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @Davecoates45 I'm sorry about that, when you called did the helpdesk ask you to try a reset of the box?  

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution
Yes they did, but the problem was that you couldn't do it; it was just all locked up with just the blue light showing. You couldn't get to reset or anything. Whilst Broadband was OK (well as OK as is possible with BT) they could not connect into my box.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

@Davecoates45 No worries, I'm sorry that didn't work.  

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution
Did you try turning the power off then on? Did you try pressing and holding the Power button for several seconds?
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @Davecoates45 and thanks for posting.

Have you tried @gomezz advice? Has it made any difference?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution
Hi,
Thanks for the help. The situation seems to have corrected itself. Yes I have had to do a full re-load and lost all saved programmes, but there has been a real bonus for us. We have been in the small percentage of people remaining without a proper signal from the Bilsdale mast. I now suspect, without any expert knowledge I might add, that all this has been down to Bilsdale because when I reloaded we got all the missing BBC terrestrial channels back as well as everything else. When I checked the terrestrial TV the channel list had gone from about 12 channels to nearly 300. It's been a long 32 months but it seems we may have a working Bilsdale mast again.
Once again thanks for the advice.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Great stuff @Davecoates45

I am pleased to see all is sorted now and that you've got those extra channels so definitely a win win! 🙂

All the best,

Robbie

0 Ratings