cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 241 of 378

Re: New features

I have eventually got to order the new box. It was and is a long process for something so simple. They have to cancel your old multiroom that can take 3-4 working days then when that is done another 2-3 working days waiting for the new box.  So will be without multiroom for a few days . Why they cant just send it out the same day so then there isnt disruption to your viewing i do not know.

Message 242 of 378

Hope they can sort out additional HD channels via streaming added to the normal setup. As currently I'm recording 6 shows at once. Can't cope with just two

0 Ratings
Message 243 of 378

@DarrenDev 

When you say only channels 1-3 and sport are recordable are you referring to AR / EPG timings OR are there channels which can not be recorded period? Please forgive my confusion 😎

0 Ratings
Message 244 of 378

All TV channels are recordable. The 1-3 and BT Sport comment only applies to the accurate recording feature. For all other TV channels, the recording will be based on the schedule.
Message 245 of 378

@DarrenDev- May just be coincidence, but my #465 recordings have recorded fully since switching the box to streaming mode. They were always cutting off (sometimes before the match even started) before.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 246 of 378

The issues with 465 are unrelated to this. The investigation into the Pro box reboots during matches on 433 and 465 has found a few scenarios that can cause the box to reboot or go blank screen (and not just on those 2 channels). Various fixes are being made to the box firmware, but also temporary adjustments have been made to the video encoding at our end to reduce the likelihood of it happening - this is what you're currently benefitting from.
Message 247 of 378

@DarrenDev 

With all your knowledge about future enhancements do you think there will be a point where (as others have stated) we could see additional recording options being given for faster connections. The watch or record a maximum of two is VERY restrictive.

Message 248 of 378

I'm not sure @scointer - I don't know the reason for the current limit. I'll try to find out.

Message 249 of 378

AR on the sports channels certainly appears to be working properly. I recorded Scottish Football Extra on BT Sport 2 HD on Friday evening which I noticed started around 3 minutes before the scheduled time in the EPG, and my Pro tv box captured it in its entirety.

Message 250 of 378

On another positive note, has anyone else noticed how good the picture quality is on the free to air HD IP channels.  I genuinely think it is the best picture quality for the free to air channels I have seen.

I must admit, I was expecting a slight downtick in quality as the resolution is lower at 1440 x 1080,  rather than the 1920 x 1080 available on freeview and freesat.

It just goes to show that pixel resolution is not everything and good encoding, a clean source and good bitrates matter as much, if not more.