cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

No television picture via BT 4K box, but TV guides etc all OK

When I turn on my Sony TV 1st thing in the morning, even though the YouView box is on. I do not get the TV picture.

The TV guide is there and all other services work. i.e. Netflix,  BBC iPlayer and the Freeview and Freesat built into the TV.  Any suggestion?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: No television picture via BT 4K box, but TV guides etc all OK

Hi @augierjp,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry if you're having problems with your BT TV box. 

Does this affect all channels both Freeview and all the subscription channels? If it's only the Freeview channels, I would check the aerial connection at the back of the box.

If it's all channels I would try restarting your BT TV box.  How do I reset my BT TV box? 

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Check which lights are on the TV box and what colour they are, this will vary slightly depending on what box you have. If that's not the problem then check your HDMI cable and move it to another port on your TV

Message 4 of 7

Could well be that hdmi looses it's hdcp (hd content protection) handshake and then gives black screen.

If you cycle the power of the box does it come back?

I have the same thing nearly. My Sony str-dh800 amp dances with the box, I get picture (low resolution) then it drops, then it comes back then drops then I get picture+audio + homepage on. (high resolution 1080p) Then drops then comes back without homepage and I'm free to use the box as I whish.

Could also try turning off hdmi cec also known as bravia sync.

Definitely try a full hdmi cable as well. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Hi Paddy , when it happens it affects all channels. I did think of this as the BT Sport Channels (subscription channels) are internet fed. I have re-booted my 4K box as well

Thanks 

augierjp

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Thanks for the tip. I'll give that a go and let the forum know.
Thx.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Thanks for the info. It I reboot the BT box, it does come on. I'll also try a full hdmi cable.
0 Ratings