Message 1 of 4

Price rises

Go to solution
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Price rises

Go to solution

I haven't read anything from that site before but to me that review seems to have something of an anti BT bias to it.

They don't mention that the Now channels are recordable with BT, an important feature for some customers and a necessity if they want to compare prices and suggest 'cutting the cord'.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

and the point being ? the article is referencing prices from 2 years ago, things were cheaper 2 years ago like my fuel, my groceries and my gas/electric.

For example :

With the recent price rise, all TV bundles now cost £2 extra each and every month, compared to when they launched back around November 2021, or £1/month extra compared to the previous price hike from earlier this year.

It used to cost £16/month when it launched – and is now £18/month.

Then further down it states :

Without BT, the Basic Netflix plan normally costs £6.99/month (after this year’s price increase), and the NOW Entertainment membership costs £9.99/month if you buy it directly – so £16.98/month in total.

So BT are £1.02 more per month than buying direct but for that £1.02 per month you get the Discovery channel, a brand new set top box which is recordable for NowTV content and support 365 days, seems a decent deal to me.

It then goes on to state :

Sport: £17 per month

This plan used to cost £15 last year, then £16 – and now £17/month with the most recent price increase.

But fails to mention you get the Discovery app included free, direct from Discovery is £6.99 per month, again that seems a decent deal when you include the set top box and support.

Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Glad I cancelled BT TV about 8 months ago and went with Now(Now TV) direct with discounts.

Dont have sport but do have entertainment, Sky Cinema and HD Boost.

BT TV may seem a good deal but you are also tied in for 24 months.

0 Ratings