cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 48

Re: Pro box rebooting

This thread was picked up by the right people on Monday and a bug raised. It is being actively investigated as a priority.
Message 12 of 48

Thanks @DarrenDev 

Latest update - we are working with the Operations team to put a test stream up today between 11am and 1pm so we can run some more tests ahead of the next live event on Saturday (Aston Villa v Everton) on BT Sport Ultimate HDR (channel 465).

Appreciate it's super short notice, but if anyone is able to join the channel for some or all of the period, please let me know if you experience any issues during the playout in this thread or direct on a PM if preferred. It would be really helpful if we could also get information on the connected TV to ensure we have as much insight as possible.

Thanks

David

Message 13 of 48

It’s just crashed for me now. I’m watching on a Panasonic TX-40HX800B 40 Series LED. I use BT mini connectors to watch in the extension at the rear of the house.

I was able to go to ch433 and back to Ch 465 eventually though. It looks as though we’re back to the regular trailer on ch465 now again.

Message 14 of 48

Hi @Brucemeister5  and thanks for letting us know. I checked with Ops and the stream should be back on again, due to the short timescales to stand it up, it was only an hour long, so is playing again now.

Did the box completely crash boot and restart? We have seen 2 scenarios on our testing, the reboot and a blank screen that can be resolved by channel change to any other channel, and back to 465 again.

much appreciate the in-life testing as well, really helpful 👍

David

Message 15 of 48

Hi @David_H I was able to go to ch433 and back to Ch 465. I have also seen both scenarios. It happened to me last night during the Super Cup game. Last night on a couple of occasions I could change channels and go back to 465. Then later in the second half it was not possible to do that and I had to wait for the box to re-boot itself.

Message 16 of 48

Hi @Brucemeister5  Great stuff, thanks a lot!

Were those issues around 11:05 and again at 11:47? We should get log data back to dig into as our own test device captures seem to report failures around those times, which does help narrow down the search. 

We've stopped the test stream, and will continue looking into the debug logs which we've generated. Your help was much appreciated by all concerned.

Cheers,

David

Message 17 of 48

Hi @David_H  I didn’t start watching until around 11:30am as I’d been out this morning. The time of 11:47 does seem to correspond to the first occasion that I had an issue though. I’m happy to have been able to help.

Message 18 of 48

First lockup of the today...

12:17 Rio Ferdinand freezes mid sentence and totally unresponsive box restarting now.  Have to wonder if it's even worth attempting to watch today's match on BT Ultimate via the 'Pro' box!

Message 19 of 48

Just had the first issue of the day, 12:18 picture froze and then the box went into boot up. 

Message 20 of 48

Me too. I think I might switch to the Fire tv 4 k stick today.